Open Water Swimming Highlights
- He participated in the 2015 Ireland Ice Swimming Championships 1 km race in Conroy Pond, Northern Ireland in 3.1°C water finishing in 23:46:12.
- He participated in the 2016 Big Chill Swim Ice Kilometer in Windermere, England in 6.4°C water.
- He participated in the 2016 Winter World Swimming Championships in Tyumen, Russia.
- He was nominated for the 2016 Connaught Open Water Swimmer of the Year by the Irish Long Distance Swimming Association.
- He completed the 10 km Galley Head Swim, Co. Cork on 8 August 2020.
- He participated in the 2022 Memphremagog Winter Swim Festival in Lake Memphremagog, Vermont on 26-27 February 2022 at the age of 58.
- On 26-29 April 2022, he will compete in the SCAR Swim, a 4-day stage swim in Arizona.
Ireland Ice Swimming Championships
North Channel Relay Crossing
The Celtic Kippers relay team completed a crossing of the North Channel with Michelle Booker, Donagha McDonagh, Rose Long, Barry O'Connor, Michelle White and Noel Grimes in 13 hours 36 minutes 34 seconds.
Swimming with Shivers
He wrote a story for Swimming With Shivers, a book co-authored by Claire Bunker-Fellingham and Gary Standen about true stories from, by and about open water swimmers doing cold water swimming, winter swimming, and ice swimming. The stories in Swimming with Shivers are from, by and about Carl Atkinson, Deborah Banks, Ram Barkai, Jo Barkwith, Andy Bennett, Katie Blair, Sylvia Bland, Gideon Bright, Claire Bunker-Fellingham, Judith Charman, Sze-Ming Cheung, Chillswim, Tracy Clark, David Coleman, Phil Coombe, Talbott Crowell, Ned Denison, Nick Dorey, Dryrobe, Ros Edmonds, Rory Fitzgerald, Daniel Gilmore, Will Glendinning, Gone Swimming, Rebecca Goodson, Julie Gregory, Shaun Hales, Happy Cold Swimming, Louise Hazelton, Colin Hill, Elaine Howley, International Ice Swimming Association, Roni Jelgavas, Mark Johansen, Jody Jones, Ele Jump, Ger Kennedy, Ivan Lewis, Julie Lloyd, Jules McRobbie, Sally Minty-Gravett MBE, Jaimie Monahan, Steven Munatones, Diane Murphy Weaver, Jim Nyberg, Barry O'Connor, Outdoor Swimmer, Simon Parkin, Lisa Peake, Kevin Proctor, Jane Saycet, Val Smith, Fergal Somerville, Jodi Songhurst, Gary Standen, Lucy Stansfield, Kate Steels-Fryatt, Swimming With Smiles Book, Tidal Wave Fitness, Jonty Warneken, Karen Weir, Haydn Welch, Samantha Whelpton, Emily Whittaker, and Nicola Wood.
- Stephen Key Forges An Iron Mask Swimmer
- Taking KAATSU To The Extreme - WOWSA
- Taking KAATSU To The Extreme - KAATSU blog
- SCAR Swim: A Logistical Nightmare Is A Dream Come True
- SCAR Swim: Day 4 Across Roosevelt Lake
- SCAR Swim: Day 3 on Apache Lake
- SCAR Swim – T Minus 1
- SCAR Swim – T Minus 2
- Shannon Keegan Talks With SCAR Swimmers
- 2022 SCAR Swim Psych Sheets Posted
- Steve Sutton's Pool at Zuma Beach
- Michael Rice to Defend His SCAR Title Against Some Fast, Fast People in Arizona
- The History of Swimming 4 Long Days In SCAR
- Michael Rice, Ned Denison Discuss The SCAR Swim Challenge On WOWSA Live
- Lake Monster Gives Water Temps Across USA
- Jamie Tout DEFCON Training
- S.C.A.R. Swim Challenge
- Open Water Swimming
- Winter In Willoughby, Swimming In Snow
- Open Water Swimming
- Kingdom Games
- Swimming With Shivers
- Swimming With Smiles
- Swimming with Smiles
- Special Offer
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Marathon Swimming
- I Got Stung
- International Ice Swimming Association
- Swimming With Shivers And Smiles
- How Do You Prepare For An Open Water Swim?
- Conroy Pond, Fast Winter Water
- 2016 Irish Long Distance Swimming Association Awards
- Irish Long Distance Swimming Association Official Website
- Irish Long Distance Swimming Association Facebook Page
- Petar Stoychev, Victoria Mori Win 450m World Titles
- 2016 Winter Swimming World Championships - Live Cam
- International Winter Swimming Association Winter Swimming World Cup
- 200m Frozen Freestyle At Winter World Championships
- International Winter Swimming Association Winter Swimming World Cup Facebook page
- International Winter Swimming Association Winter Swimming Instagram page
- Celtic Kippers Cross The North Channel
- What Is Your Perfect Swim?
- What Is Your Least Favorite Open Water Swim?