The four largest islands are: Majorca, Minorca, Ibiza and Formentera. The archipelago forms an autonomous community and a province of Spain, with Palma as the capital. The co-official languages in the Balearic Islands are Catalan and Spanish. The current Statute of Autonomy declares the Balearic Islands as one nationality of Spain.
Open Water Swimming
There is an abundance of open water swimming events held in Islas Baleares including:
- Righardt Krugel's 360 km circumnavigation swim around Mallorca called the Mallorca 360º, an unprecedented stage swim
- the Balaeric Island Challenge, a 3-day stage swim by Madswimmer on 1-3 S September 2017.
- On 28 July 2018, Tita Llorens completed a 90 km swim between the Spanish mainland and Ibiza across the Canal de Ibiza in the Islas Baleares in 36 hours 16 minutes.
- 2020 WOWSA Awards – World Open Water Swimming Offering Of The Year Nominees
- Boris Nowalski Takes To The Sea In Order To Help Save It
- WOWSA Awards – World Open Water Swimming Performance Of The Year
- Tita Llorens En Español On WOWSA Live
- Mallorca 360º
- What Goes Around, Comes Around - The Mallorca 360º
- Around Mallorca By Righardt Krugel
- Brotherly Love Turns Dreams Into Reality
- Allen Graham Charity for Kids
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Richard Krugel Looks Back At Mallorca 360°
- Overcoming Obstacles
- Margarita Llorens Bagur Wins 2017 World Open Water Swimming Performance of the Year
- WOWSA ... Tita Is Off Again