Anita Sood is a former national woman swimming champion of India. She is currently living in Los Angeles, California.
Open Water Swimming Highlights
- She became the fastest Asian swimmer to cross the English Channel.
- She was awarded Arjuna Award for her achievements including a second place finish in the 1988 Manhattan Island Marathon Swim around New York.
- She competed in the 25 km race at the 1991.
- On 10 August 1992, she finished 11th in the Sylvan Lake World Series Marathon Swim in Alberta, Canada.
1991 FINA World Championship 25 km Race Results
Held in Swan River in Perth, Australia
1 Shelley Taylor-Smith 5:21:06
2 Martha Jahn 5:25:17
3 Karen Burton Reeder 5:28:23
4 Rita Kovacs 5:31:33
5 Elana Resch 5:39:47
6 Tammy Van Wisse 5:42:53
7 Corinne Liedtke 5:48:58
8 Lenka Pacáková 5:57:35
9 Rita Lazar 6:00:22
10 Jolanda Palmentieri 6:21:17
11 Bridget Young 6:25:03
12 Anita Sood 6:26:56
13 Diana Simonović 6:28:21
14 Christiane Fanzeres 6:28:44
15 Carole Hunt 6:31:20
16 Marcia Marques 6:36:10
17 Katarina Mioč 6:40:15
18 Muna Towe 6:46:09
19 Daria Amaged 7:23:02
- Ignorance Was Bliss; Wisdom Was Welcomed By Kim Dyke
- Diego Degano, Christof Wandratsch And The Elite Race In 1992 Swim Across The Sound
- When Diego Degano, Shelley Taylor-Smith Ruled Sylvan Lake
- Silvia Dalotto Talks About Grit And Integrity On WOWSA Live
- James Kegley Describes His Journey On WOWSA Live
- Great Women Of India
- Squash Tournament
- Women Swimming Circles Around Manhattan Island