Anel Sytdykova (or Anel Stydykova) is an open water swimmer from Almaty, Kazakhstan.
Open Water Swimming Career Highlights
- Between 25-28 April 2018, she attempted all four stage swims of the SCAR Swim Challenge in Arizona (9.5-mile or 15.2 km Saguaro Lake + 9-mile or 14.4 km Canyon Lake + 16-mile or 26.4 km Apache Lake + 6.2-mile or 10 km Roosevelt Lake), finishing three of them. She completed the Saguaro Lake crossing on 25 August 2018, the Apache Lake crossing on 26 August 2018 and the Roosevelt Lake crossing on 28 August 2018. She did not complete the Canyon Lake crossing on 26 August 2018.
- On 21 August 2019, she completed a 33.5 km crossing of the English Channel from England to France in 15 hours 15 minutes with escort pilots Andy and James King and observer Andrew King for which she received the 2019 Channel Swimming Association Award for the Female Pioneer Swim and the Swimmer from a New Country.
- On 15 June 2022, she completed the 45.9 km 20 Bridges circumnavigation swim around Manhattan Island in New York.
- On 5 August 2022, she completed a 32.3 km crossing of the Catalina Channel from Santa Catalina Island to the Palos Verdes Peninsula in 18 hours 19 minutes 37 seconds to become the first person from Kazakhstan to swim across the Catalina Channel, and the first swimmer from Kazakhstan to complete the Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming.
- Channel Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- SCAR Swim Challenge
- Stefan Reinke Outduels Serbo Simeoni On SCAR Day 1
- S.C.A.R. Is Like Night And Day
- Jamie Ann Phillips Forges Into Lead In Apache Lake
- Reinke Hangs On, Jamie Ann Phillips Swimming Strong
- As Night Falls, So Does Men's Record. Jamie Ann Phillips Leads Way With Stefan Reinke