Andy Ortega Garcia
Open Water Swimming Highlights
- On 18 August 2016, he completed a 36.5 km crossing of the Menorca Channel from Mallorca to Menorca in Spain in 10 hours 58 minutes.
- On 7 August 2017, he completed a crossing of the English Channel from England to France in 12 hours 40 minutes at the age of 43.
- On 15 June 2018, he completed a crossing of the Catalina Channel from Santa Catalina Island to the Southern California mainland in 10 hours 15 minutes 17 seconds as the first person from the Canary Islands to do so. His crossing was a charity swim for the Niños con Cáncer Pequeño Valiente.
- On 25 August 2018, he finished 4th in the 45.9 km 20 Bridges Manhattan Island Swim in New York in 8 hours 20 minutes 25 seconds at the age of 45 to complete the Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming.
- Catalina Channel Swimming Federation Facebook page
- Catalina Channel Swimming Federation
- Marathon Swimmers Federation bio
- New York Open Water 20 Bridges Results
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- They Came, They Swam, They Finished...Around Manhattan
- Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming