Allison Ware is a 37-year-old American endurance athlete and open water swimmer from Nashville, Tennessee .
Open Water Swimming Career Highlights
- Completed the 2012 and 2013 Swim the Suck marathon swims.
- Completed 25+ triathlons
- Completed an Ironman distance triathlon in 2008
- Completed 6 marathons
- Between 25-28 April 2018, she completed all four stage swims of the SCAR Swim Challenge in Arizona (9.5-mile or 15.2 km Saguaro Lake + 9-mile or 14.4 km Canyon Lake + 17-mile or 27.3 km Apache Lake + 6.2-mile or 10 km Roosevelt Lake), finishing 11th overall at the age of 37 in a cumulative time of 17 hours 19 minutes 44.4 seconds.
- On 2 October 2021, she swam 32.3 km across the Catalina Channel from Santa Catalina Island to the Southern California mainland in 12 hours 15 minutes escorted by Captain Morgan Hoesterey, kayaker Grace van der Byl, with pace swimmer Devon Clifford, kayakers Stacey Irwin and Jonathon Ryan, with escort crew chief Billy Long.
- The History of Swimming 4 Long Days In SCAR
- Crossings Continue In The Catalina Channel
- Do You Suffer From Congestion After Swimming?
- Swim The Suck Website - Swimmer Profiles
- Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- SCAR Swim Challenge
- Stefan Reinke Outduels Serbo Simeoni On SCAR Day 1
- S.C.A.R. Is Like Night And Day
- Jamie Ann Phillips Forges Into Lead In Apache Lake
- Reinke Hangs On, Jamie Ann Phillips Swimming Strong
- As Night Falls, So Does Men's Record. Jamie Ann Phillips Leads Way With Stefan Reinke