Ali Khan is the CEO of the International Swimming League Ltd. He has nearly 20 years of investment banking experience, having worked with established international investment banks such as HSBC Bank, UBS and RBS. He has worked around the globe, in Singapore, Hong Kong, Dubai, Geneva and London, and across business lines and asset classes, such as equity-sales, corporate finance, private-equity and asset management.
International Swimming League
The International Swimming League (ISL) is a professional pool swimming league for elite swimmers founded by Konstantin Grigorishin. The ISL hosts a series of U.S. and European-based competitions that will culminate in a 2019 global championship at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.A.
ISL Competition Characteristics
- A team-based competition format where swimmers compete for team points
- Financial incentives where each athlete signs two contracts: one with their team and another with the ISL that enables them two sources of revenue: one that runs through their teams and a separate one that comes directly from the league
- Gender equality is guaranteed where 12 men and 12 women will represent each team
- World’s best athletes will participate in the ISL including 75% of swimming's current Olympic champions and world record holders
- Regular seasons with swim meets held around the global from October to December. In 2020, the season will be expanded.
- Zero tolerance of doping is the rule as no athlete with a previous doping violation is allowed to compete and there is zero tolerance policy if doping is discovered
Konstantin Grigorishin on the ISL