Ahmed Zaher is the owner and founder of Playtri together with Staci Brode. Zaher founded Playtri over 10 years ago. Playtri has grown, now offering programs for Beginner and Advanced Triathletes as well as a Playtri Club, Nutrition Coaching, Bike Fits and recently, the new Corporate Training Program. He is nicknamed Mr. Triathlon along with Jack Weiss.
Zaher is a highly successful coach and athlete. He has coached countless athletes in the US and internationally as a full-time triathlon coach, a swim coach and personal trainer. He has helped over 20 athletes achieve their dreams of qualifying for the Ironman and has helped over 50 athletes qualify for the Ironman 70.3 World Championships. He is also the technical advisor for the Egyptian Triathlon Federation.
- Qualified for and completed 8 Ironman World Championships in Kona...and with a PR of 9:30
- Placed 6th in the world at 2010 ITU Olympic AG World Championship Budapest and set a personal record with a time of 1:53
- Twice Qualified for and completed Ironman 70.3 World Championship in Clearwater with a PR of 4:09
- Competed in 15 triathlon world championships
- Competed in over 25 world championships in three different sports - swimming, modern pentathlon and triathlon
- Continues to win overall triathlon events at age 46
- Originally an engineer, Ahmed loves data and research especially on human performance, nutrition and anything that helps athletes reach their goals. He continually strives to understand the human physiology and how to optimize performance.
- certified by USA Triathlon and USA Cycling
- An Egyptian citizen, Ahmed represents Egypt when racing in world-class events