(Redirected from Abby Bergman)
Abigail Bergman is a 26-year-old American pool and open water swimmer and open water swimming reporter for Swimming World Magazine from Culver City, California and Smith College (Class of 2018), studying neuroscience as a premed student.
Open Water Swimming Highlights
- On 26-29 April 2023, she will compete in the SCAR Swim Challenge, a 4-day stage swim in Arizona at the age of 26.
- She achieved the Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming on 14 July 2018.
- She completed a crossing of the Catalina Channel in 11 hours 11 minutes on 25 July 2016.
- She is a City of Los Angeles lifeguard.
- She is preparing to complete the Oceans Seven.
- She competed in the Spuyten Duyvil 10 km swim in New York.
- She organized and participated in a 40.4-mile (65 km) two-way crossing of the Catalina Channel together with Charlotte Samuels (Smith College, Class of 2020), Eliza Cummings (Smith College, Class of 2016), Gabriela Kovacikova (Wellesley College, Class of 2014), Rebecca Nevitt (Wellesley College, Class of 1988), and Cathleen Pruden (Mount Holyoke College, Class of 2016), starting on 16 June 2016 on the first all-female relay double crossing of the Catalina Channel in history. Escorted by an all-female kayak crew of Jax Cole, Alicia Bartley, Heather Barber, and Melissa King, they finished the first leg from the mainland to Catalina Island in 8 hours 16 minutes and the return leg to the mainland in 9 hours 48 minutes for a 18 hour 4 minute two-way crossing.
- She won the 4-mile ocean swim at the 48th Annual Seal Beach Rough Water Swim in Seal Beach, California on 24 June 2016.
- On 14 July 2018, she finished 5th in the 45.9 km 20 Bridges Manhattan Swim in New York City in 6 hours 42 minutes 8 seconds at the age of 22 to achieved the Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming.
- She competed in Stage 4 of the 24.46 km 8 Bridges Hudson River Swim from the Newburgh-Beacon Bridge to the Bear Mountain Bridge in New York on 11 June 2019.
- On 21 June 2021, she finished 8th in the 57.2 km END WET swim from North Dakota to Minnesota in 15 hours 4 minutes at the age of 24.
- On 14 July 2022, she completed a 37.2 km two-way Around Coronado Swim in 9 hours 42 minutes 49 seconds at the age of 26.
Catalina Channel Crossing
- Marathon Swimmers Federation bio
- Trevor Gillis, Allison Arnold Win Santa Cruz Open Water Swim
- Sarah Thomas Wins 2021 END WET, the Guest Takes the Title
- Mighty Swim The Mighty
- Abby Girl Rose
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- Catalina Channel Swimming Federation
- Marathon Swimming
- 6 Women From 6 Sisters Go 40.4 Across Catalina
- I Got Stung
- Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming
- Seven Sisters College Women Prepare for Catalina Channel Double Crossing
- Rebecca Nevitt Plans English Channel Crossing for 50th Birthday
- Hank Wise, Abigail Bergman Win Seal Beach 4 Miler
- Rebecca Nevitt Has Quite An Incredible 50th
- Nathan Payas Does Triple Crown Of Open Water Swimming
- Leslie Hamilton, Heather Fairbanks Go 1-2 In 8 Bridges Hudson River Swim
- Adrienne Groccia Sets Record In Stage 4 Of 8 Bridges