808eSharkForce is a company designing and offering Electronic Shark Defense System (ESDS), shark deterrent systems, founded by Wilson Vinano Jr. Vinano is a long-time Honolulu surfer who markets the eSharkForce Ultimate Shark Protection with a surf leash for US$549.99
Electronic Shark Defense System
The ESDS omits electric waves that interfere with the gel in a shark’s nose and keeps them away from those individuals in the ocean.
The ESDS is a small, shark deterrent device that repels sharks from the area while in the ocean thus, increasing the user’s safety. The ESDS sends pulses through the water that are easily detected by a shark’s sensory system, causing them to stay out of the signal range while keeping surfers, divers, and swimmers safe from encounters with sharks. The device is attached by a strap, similar to surfboard or stand-up paddle board leash to the ankle. When the ESDS senses water, it turns on automatically and can last up to 9 hours before recharging. The device measures 2.6 x 2.3 x 1.0 inches and weighs about seven ounces.
Molokai Channel Swimming
Adam Walker used the eSharkForce Ultimate Shark Protection on his ankle for over 17 hours while swimming across the Molokai Channel from Molokai to Oahu.
- eSharkForce Offers Free Shark Protection Units
- Surfer Envisions, Launches Electronic Shark Defense System
- 808 eSharkForce
- Patents by Wilson Vinano Jr.
- Electronic Shark Defense System information
- 3D Innovations
- When A Shark Interupts A Channel Crossing
- Ashiko's Wild Adventure Across Molokai
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming