Feng Yao Hsien
(Redirected from 冯耀先)
Open Water Swimming Career
- At the age 36 in 1964, Feng swam 84 km (52.2 miles) in 18 hours along the Zi Ya River (子牙河) in China.
- In 1965, he swam 156 km (97 miles) in the Tzuya River to set a Chinese endurance record.
- Feng was credited with saving over 200 lives on the Hai River, as a water policeman and also (off-duty) while training.
- At the age of 37 on 8 August 1965, Feng swam 161 km (99.6 miles) in 61 hours in the Zi Ya River to set a Chinese endurance record. Feng started in the Zi Ya River at Tientsin in northeast China and swam with another police officer, the 21-year-old Tien Pao Jan. The duo started at same time while Feng swam 161 km and his younger colleague swam 110 km (68.35 miles) in 41 hours.
- Feng is a member of the 24-hour Club.
- Feng has been involved in winter swimming for several decades.