Île de Brescou
Île de Brescou is in the territory of the town of Hérault, approximately half a nautical mile of the harbor entrance Richelieu (Agde). The island remained military area until 1889 when the fort was decommissioned by the army.
Open Water Swimming
- Île de Brescou is site of one of the Triple Break swims (Triple Crown of Prison Island Swims), where swimmers challenge themselves to escape by swimming at least 3 of the world's most well-known prison island swims including Le Château d’If, Fort Boyard, Devil's Island, Île de Gorée, Robben Island, Alcatraz Island, Spike Island, Rottnest Island, and Sainte-Marguerite.
- Jacques Tuset completed a prison island swim from Île de Brescou.
- Triple Break - Global List Of Prison Island Swims
- Triple Break Grows To Worldwide Prison Island Swims
- Jacques Tuset Makes An Escape In The Ice
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Jacques Tuset Honored By The Hall Of Fame
- Jacques Tuset, The World's Greatest Escape Artist
- World's Greatest Escape Artist Swims From Angel Island