(Redirected from Île d'Oléron)
Île d'Oléron is an island off the Atlantic coast of France (due west of Rochefort), on the southern side of the Pertuis d'Antioche strait.
Open Water Swimming
- Île d'Oléron is site of one of the Triple Break swims (Triple Crown of Prison Island Swims), where swimmers challenge themselves to escape by swimming at least 3 of the world's most well-known prison island swims including Le Château d’If, Fort Boyard, Devil's Island, Île de Gorée, Robben Island, Alcatraz Island, Spike Island, Rottnest Island, and Sainte-Marguerite.
- Jacques Tuset completed a prison island swim by swimming from Île d'Oléron to France.
- It is one of the World's Top 100 Island Swims.
- Triple Break - Global List Of Prison Island Swims
- Triple Break Grows To Worldwide Prison Island Swims
- Jacques Tuset Makes An Escape In The Ice
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Jacques Tuset Honored By The Hall Of Fame
- Jacques Tuset, The World's Greatest Escape Artist
- World's Greatest Escape Artist Swims From Angel Island