World Extreme Medicine
World Extreme Medicine (formerly Expedition & Wilderness Medicine) is the world’s leading provider of expedition, wilderness and remote medicine training courses for medical professionals.
WEM was born out of expeditions over 20 years ago and offers training, extensive consultancy and medical support for projects across the globe.
WEM courses provide medical professionals with the expert knowledge and practical skills needed to become a valuable member of an expedition or remote medical team. Courses range from ‘Core’ courses, which teach a wide range of extreme medicine topics with essential skills workshops, to ‘Specialised’ courses which offer an immersive environment specific learning experience based in incredible locations across the world.
All courses are open to doctors, nurses, paramedics and other medical professionals providing medical cover in remote or austere environments. Students and non-medics are encouraged to discuss any training needs directly with the office team.
- Nuala Shares Moore About Cold Water Swimming
- Looking Forward For Pablo Fernández Álvarez And Nuala Moore
- World Extreme Medicine
- Scientific Research During The Longest Swim
- Dr. Hackett To Present At Extreme Sports Congress
- Bagging It, Mitigating The Afterdrop After Cold Water Swims
- A Dream Series Of Swim In Patagonia With Nuala Moore
- Caring For Open Water Swimmers In The Extreme
- World Extreme Medicine Launches Ocean Medicine Course
- All For One, One For All Aboard The Discoverer
- Don't Get In If They Can't Get You Out
- Ocean Triple R: Remote Recovery Research Emergency Care