Vigour Events is an event management and coaching company established by Robert Hamilton of Glasgow, Scotland. It is the organizing presenter of the 2014 Global Open Water Swimming Conference, 2014 International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame induction ceremonies, and the 2014 WOWSA Awards on the Isle of Bute at the Mount Stuart Castle.
Robert Hamilton is an open water swimming coach and event organiser with an interest in developing open water swimming in Scotland. His aim is to have a full Scottish series of events and to attract as many new faces to the sport as possible through Vigour Events.
- Luss at Loch Lomond: 6 July 2013 - 1 km, 2 km and 5 km, part of the Highland Games
- Loch Venechar: 27 July 2013 - 1 km and 2 km
- Bardowie Loch: 4 August 2013 - 1 km, 2 km and 5 km
- Loch Eck: 31 August 2013 - 1 km, 2 km, 5 km and 10 km marathon swim
- Loch Ard: 7 September 2013 - 2 km and 5 km
- Global Open Water Swimming Conference: 19-21 September 2014
- International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame induction ceremonies: 20 September 2014
- WOWSA Awards: 20 September 2014
Elivar Open Water Swim Series
Vigour Events is also a co-organiser of the Elivar Open Water Swim Series, a series of open water swimming competitions in Scotland and Ireland including locations in Bardowie Loch, Loch Lomond and Loch Venechar in Scotland, and Lough Key Forest Park, Gougane Barra and Glendalough in Ireland. Its goal is to create a Four Nations swim series in coordination with Donal Hanrahan and Len Dunne of Elivar and John Fitzgerald of OpenWaterSwimmer.ie. The Elivar Open Water Swim Series races include:
- 8 June, Bardowie Loch, Scotland: 750m,1 km and 2 km races set in the stunning grounds of Bardowie Castle, Bardowie near Milngavie by Vigour Events.
- 21 June, Lough Key Forest Park, Boyle, Ireland: 750m and 1.5 km races set in the lovely green isles of Lough Key by openwaterswimmer.ie.
- 21 June, Luss, Loch Lomand, Scotland: 750m, 1 km and 2 km races set in Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park by Vigour Events.
- 19 July, Loch Venechar, Scotland: 1 km, 2 km and 3 km set in Loch Venechar, a fresh water loch in Stirlingshire, located between Callander and Brig o’Turk by Vigour Events.
- 10 August, Milarrochy Bay, Scotland: Set in Milarrochy Bay that sits on the eastern shore of Loch Lomond and is a perfect base for anyone thinking of exploring the famous Loch.
- 6 September: Loch Ard, Scotland: 1 km, 2 km, 3 km, 5 km, 10 km and 12.5 km set in Loch Ard, one of the smallest fresh water lochs in Scotland by Vigour Events.
- 6 & 7 September: Glendalough, Wicklow, Ireland: 750m, 1.5 km (6 September) and 3.9 km (7 September) by OpenWaterSwimmer.ie.
- TBC, Gougane Barra, Cork, Ireland: 750m and 1.5 km set in Gougane Barra (Irish: Guagán Barra, meaning “the rock of Barra”), nestled in the Cork mountains where the lake remains an unsoiled Irish gem by OpenWaterSwimmer.ie.
- livar Open Water Swim Series
- Scottish Open Water Swim Series Gains New Sponsor
- Vigour Events
- Open Water Swimmer Ireland
- Elivar Sports Nutrition
- Elivar Sports Nutrition Facebook page
- Elivar Sports Nutrition Twitter
- Over 40s team to try for English Channel relay record
- Gen X Looking To Test Time
- The Boys Are Back
- Lots Of Loch In Scotland With Vigour Events
- St. Ninian's Bay To Host International Swim Celebration
- Pádraig Mallon To Be Honored In Mount Stuart Castle
- Olga Kozydub To Be Honored In Scotland
- The 2014 Global Open Water Swimming Conference
- Mount Stuart House, Splendid Setting For Swimming
- Colleen Blair To Kick-Off Global Open Water Conference
- First Response GB Offers Free Lifeguard Qualification Course