Van Cornwell is a pool and ocean swimmer from the Aulea Swim Club in Honolulu, Hawaii.
Open Water Swimming Highlights
- He crossed the Au'au Channel between the islands of Lanai and Maui on 23 November 2012 together with Josh Bittick, Eric Compton, Celia Compton, Jaek Horner, Cameron Lyon, Nicholas Zachmeier, Skylar Webb, Katie DeMieri, Mark Baker, and Alex Webb.
- He competed in the 7 km Possibly Annual Hawaiian Christmas Looong Distance Invitational Rough-H2O Swim in Honolulu, Hawaii in 2013.
- He completed the 2018 ʻAu I Nā Mokupuni ʻEkolu Swim Challenge crossing the 13.5 km Pailolo Channel, 14.9 km Kalohi Channel, and 14.1 km Auau Channel in 3 days.
- Doubly Tough, Doubly Rough, Doubly Fun
- Swimming Harmoniously From Lanai To Maui
- Aulea Swim Team Living Up To Its Name Across Auau
- Aulea Swim Club
- The Baker's Dozen Stay Calm, Cool, Collected In Waikiki
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- Endurance Challenge
- 3 For 3, The ʻAu I Nā Mokupuni ʻEkolu Swim Challenge