Captain Tom McCarthy is part of the 2013 Global Open Water Swimming Conference organising committee that also included Oswald Schmidt, Paschal Horgan, Ciaran O'Connor, Finbarr Hedderman, and Ned Denison who collectively received the Poseidon Award given out by the International Swimming Hall of Fame.
Global Open Water Swimming Conference
The 2013 Global Open Water Swimming Conference was held in Cork, Ireland between 11-13 October 2013. The presenters at the Conference include Professor Tom Doyle, Trevor Woods, Dr. Angel Yanagihara, Dr. Lunt & Dr. Adams, Fergal Somerville, Kevin Murphy, Niek Kloots, Sally Minty-Gravett, and Wayne Soutter. The collective efforts of the committee is nominated for the 2013 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year.
- International Swimming Hall of Fame
- 2013 Global Open Water Swimming Conference, WOWSA!
- The Run-up To The Poseidon Award Was An Adventure
- International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Oswald Schmidt Led A Grand Ceremony In Cork
- 2013 World Open Water Swimming Offering Of The Year Nominees
- Poseidon Award Recognizes Open Water Luminaries