Tom Linthicum, known by his nickname Reptile Brain or Reptile, is a 61-year-old American open water swimmer and escort pilot from California who has completed numerous marathon swims including swims in Lake Tahoe and Tennessee.
- He serves as the Swim Commissioner at the South End Rowing Club.
- He serves as an escort pilot across Lake Tahoe.
- He is one of the co-founders of the Lake Tahoe Marathon Swim Federation.
- he completed the Winter Solstice Outlaw Marathon (running)
- he completed the Summer Solstice Marathon (running)
- On 12 August 2006, he completed a 32.6 km crossing of Lake Tahoe in 16 hours 30 minutes 9 seconds
- On 14 July 2009, he completed a 16.1 km Round-trip of Angel Island in 10 hours 2 minutes
- On 12 August 2012, he completed a 34.2 km crossing of Lake Tahoe in 17 hours 33 minutes
- On 6 October 2012, he completed the 16 km Swim The Suck in 5 hours 15 minutes at the age of 54
- On 12 October 2013, he completed the 16 km Swim The Suck in 5 hours 9 minutes 45 seconds at the age of 55
- On 7 September 2014, he completed his third 34.2 km crossing of Lake Tahoe in 18 hours 13 minutes at the age of 56
- On 11 October 2014, he completed the 16 km Swim The Suck in 4 hours 55 minutes 14 seconds at the age of 56
- On 10 October 2015, he completed the 16 km Swim The Suck in 4 hours 20 minutes 52 seconds at the age of 57
- On 27 April 2016, he completed a 13.3 km crossing of Saguaro Lake at the SCAR Swim Challenge in 5 hours 32 minutes 20 seconds
- On 28 April 2016, he completed a 14.1 crossing of Canyon Lake at the SCAR Swim Challenge in 6 hours 15 minutes 25 seconds
- On 30 April 2016, he completed a 9 km crossing of Roosevelt Lake at the SCAR Swim Challenge in 4 hours 44 minutes 12 seconds
- On 8 October 2016, he completed the 16 km Swim The Suck in 5 hours 48 minutes 19 seconds
- On 26 April 2017, he completed a 13.3 crossing of Saguaro Lake at the SCAR Swim Challenge in 5 hours 42 minutes 58 seconds
- On 27 April 2017, he completed a 14.1 km crossing of Canyon Lake at the SCAR Swim Challenge in 6 hours 3 minutes 1 second
- On 29 April 2017, he completed a 9 km crossing of Roosevelt Lake at the SCAR Swim Challenge in 4 hours 37 minutes 9 seconds
- On 25 June 2017, he completed a 45.9 km 20 Bridges Manhattan Swim in 9 hours 3 minutes 45 seconds
- He was nominated for the Streeter Award for Service to Marathon Swimming in 2017 by the Marathon Swimmers Forum.
- He completed the 2018 SCAR Swim Challenge in Arizona at the 17-mile or 27.3 km Apache Lake crossing.
- On 26 April 2019, he finished 36th in the 27.3 km stage across Apache Lake on Day 3 of the 4-day S.C.A.R. Swim Challenge in Arizona in 11:05:43.6 at the age of 61.
- He finished 17th overall in the 4-day 66.9 km SCAR Swim Challenge in Arizona in 25 hours 39 minutes 55.1 seconds on 1 May 2021.
Videos in Aquatic Park
Videos by Kimberley Chambers
- Michael Rice, Ned Denison Discuss The SCAR Swim Challenge On WOWSA Live
- Michael Rice Sets The Standard In S.C.A.R.
- Serbo Simeoni Describes His Swims And Transformation On WOWSA Live
- Serbo Simeoni Swimming On High Across Lake Tahoe
- Swim The Suck Website - Swimmer Profifles
- Open Water Swimming
- Making The Connection
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Mina Rhoden Completes A Widthwise Lake Tahoe Crossing
- Data Search For Lake Tahoe Marathon Swims
- Devon Clifford Swims The Year Of Her Life
- Benjamin Freeman Swims Swiftly Around Manhattan
- New York Open Water
- Dizzy But Done, Tackling Tahoe
- 2017 Marathon Swimmers Federation Award Nominees
- Marathon Swimmers Federation 2017 Awards
- SCAR Swim Challenge
- Stefan Reinke Outduels Serbo Simeoni On SCAR Day 1
- S.C.A.R. Is Like Night And Day
- Jamie Ann Phillips Forges Into Lead In Apache Lake
- Reinke Hangs On, Jamie Ann Phillips Swimming Strong
- As Night Falls, So Does Men's Record. Jamie Ann Phillips Leads Way With Stefan Reinke
- Swimming For Sammy In Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe Marathon Swim Federation
- S.C.A.R. Swim Challenge Breeds Toughness