Timothy Ferriss is an author, angel investor and advisor to Facebook, StumbleUpon, Twitter, Evernote, Uber and other companies. He has been listed as one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Business People”, Forbes Magazine’s “Names You Need to Know,” and is the 7th “most powerful” personality on Newsweek’s Digital 100 Power Index for 2012, #13 in the “100 Most Influential VCs, Angels & Investors” rankings.
Ferriss has been featured by more than 100 media outlets including The New York Times, The Economist, TIME, Forbes, Fortune, CNN, and CBS.
Ferriss received his BA from Princeton University in 2000, where he studied in the Neuroscience and East Asian Studies Departments. He developed his non-fiction writing with Pulitzer Prize winner John McPhee and formed his life philosophies under Nobel Prize winner Kenzaburo Oe.
He is a popular guest lecturer at Princeton University since 2003, where he presents entrepreneurship as a tool for world change and ideal lifestyle design.
He is also an active education reformer and has architected experimental social media campaigns such as LitLiberation to out-fundraise traditional media figures like Stephen Colbert 3-to-1 at zero cost, building schools overseas and financing more than 25,000 US students in the process. He is on the advisory board of DonorsChoose.org, an educational non-profit and the first charity to make the Fast Company list of 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World.
- The 4-Hour Workweek – Sold into 35+ languages, #1 New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and BusinessWeek bestseller.
- The 4-Hour Body – #1 New York Times bestseller.
- The 4-Hour Chef – #1 Wall Street Journal and New York Times bestseller; winner of a Gourmand “Best in the World” Award at the 18th Annual Paris Cookbook Awards.
- The 4-Hour Body is Inc. Magazine’s “19 Blogs You Should Bookmark Right Now“, ranked #1 on the Top 150 Management and Leadership Blogs list, based on Google PageRank, Alexa traffic ranking, Bing results, Technorati authority, Feedburner subscribers, and PostRank.
- Ferriss' Twitter account is one of “5 Must-Follow Twitter Accounts for Entrepreneurs,” a list including Richard Branson, Mark Cuban, Marissa Mayer, and Jack Dorsey.
Ferriss has been invited to speak at some of the world’s most innovative organizations, including
- Harvard Business School
- Princeton University
- Wharton School
- Stanford Graduate School of Business
He has also been invited to speak and keynote at world-renowned technology summits including EG, FOO Camp, E-Tech, Supernova, LeWeb, and the Web 2.0 Exposition, where he shared the stage with figures like Eric Schmidt, Chairman of the Board of Google, and Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO of Amazon.
- Princeton University guest lecturer in High-Tech Entrepreneurship and Electrical Engineering
- Finance and Entrepreneurship advisor at Singularity University at NASA Ames, co-founded by Peter Diamandis and Ray Kurzweil.
- First American in history to hold a Guinness World Record in tango
- Speaker of 5 languages (video samples here)
- National Chinese kickboxing champion
- Horseback archer (yabusame) in Nikko, Japan
- 2009 Henry Crown Fellow at the Aspen Institute
- Political asylum researcher
- MTV breakdancer in Taiwan
- Hurling competitor in Ireland
- Wired Magazine’s “Greatest Self-Promoter of 2008″
Tim Ferriss On Swimming
- Dr. Peter Attia On The mRNA Vaccine Technology
- The Four-Hour Body
- Tim Ferriss Facebook page
- Tim Ferriss on Twitter
- Tim Ferriss on the Huffington Post
- Tim Ferriss on TED
- Experiments in Lifestyle Design
- Four Hour Work Week
- How I Learned To Swim Effortlessly In 10 Days
- Tim Ferriss Introduces The World's Best Teachers
- What Are You Good At In The Open Water?
- How Do You Balance The Desire To Live Longer With The Desire To Perform Well?
- Life-Extension, Drinking Jet Fuel, Ultra-Endurance, Human Foie Gras, and More
- Vastly Underestimating Capabilities, Learning How To Fish
- Terry Laughlin, The Master Who Changed My Life
- Watching And Rewatching Long Swims On YouTube