Open Water Swimming Career
- He is an age-group winner in the 3 km open water swimming race at the 2013 Pan American Masters Championships in Sarasota, Florida.
- He participated in the World 10-mile Swimming Championships held in Lake Memphremagog, Vermont on 6 July 2013.
- He finished ninth in the Swim Around Lido Key on 22 April 2017
- He finished sixth overall in the inaugural 2015 7-mile Swim Around Lido Key in Sarasota, Florida.
- He competed in the 2018 SCAR Swim Challenge in Arizona.
- On 25 August, he finished 39th overall in the 14.4 km Canyon Lake stage swim of the 4-day SCAR Swim Challenge in Arizona in 5:51:20.8.
- On 26 April 2019, he finished 38th in the 27.3 km stage across Apache Lake on Day 3 of the 4-day S.C.A.R. Swim Challenge in Arizona in 11:29:09.6 at the age of 59.
- On 11 October 2020, Bruce finished 12th in the 19.3 km Swim Around Charleston in South Carolina in 4:54:13 at the age of 60.
Swim Around Lido Key
7-mile (11.2 km) Swim Around Lido Key in Sarasota, Florida, site of the 2017 USMS Marathon Distance Open Water National Championship on 22 April 2017.
Go The Distance
The annual GTD program is the most popular event offered by U.S. Masters Swimming. Thousands of members participate annually who have collectively logged a total of more than one billion yards for the year (over 577,000 miles).
GTD is a self-directed program intended to encourage Masters swimmers to regularly exercise and track their progress. There is no time limit for the distance milestones, except that they must be achieved in each calendar year. Speed does not count - just the effort to attain whatever goal you set for yourself. GTD is on the honor system. Each athlete tracks the distance they swim daily, weekly, or monthly on their online Fitness Log (FLOG). When certain milestones are achieved, ranging from 50 miles through 1500 miles, the athlete is recognized on the U.S. Masters Swimming website and will receive special prizes from Nike Swim. There is no cost to enter GTD. Registration is through the My USMS section of the USMS website. The FLOG allows athletes to track all their fitness activities, not just swimming as they simultaneously participate in GTD.
- 2020 Swim Around Charleston – Solo Results
- Alex Kostich Wins Swim Around Charleston
- Stately, Splendid, Stunning Swim Starts Around Charleston
- On Golden Pond, Adults Swimmers Go The Distance
- USMS bio
- U.S. Masters Swimming website
- Go The Distance Program
- A Mindset To Swim Mega Miles
- John Kuzmkowski Is Holding His Own Against Youth
- Pan American Masters Swimming Championships 2013
- Pan American Masters Off The Coast Of Sarasota
- Kingdom Swim
- Racing Ricardo Is Rough
- The Tides Were In Our Favor
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Marathon Swimming
- Open Water Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- Rob Madell Proves It Is Never Too Late
- WOWSA Battle: Brian Phillips vs. Eric Nilsson
- Emma Otto-Moudry Can WOW The Crowd
- Pure As White In Lake Memphremagog
- Jessica Kieras Wins Day 2 Of S.C.A.R. Swim Challenge
- Fast Flyer Freestyles, Finishes First