noun - Technical meeting is a pre-race meeting held before an open water swimming competition, especially marathon swims, where the race director and safety personnel explain the different details of the competition including rules, expected weather and water conditions including the water and air temperatures, escort boats, course layout, buoy placement, check-in procedures, body marking, start and finish areas, feeding stations, and other aspects of the course. Participation by coaches and/or swimmers is usually mandatory.
The competitors headed to the host hotel to participate in the technical meeting.
- The Most Unique Equipment In Open Water Swimming
- Shanghai Sonar Safety System Starts
- Ricardo Ratto Talks About His Career On WOWSA Live
- Becca Mann Talks About Racing Against The World's Fastest On WOWSA Live
- What Do Pro Swimmers Do At A Pro Race?
- An Adventure Like No Other In The Mighty Red River
- Richard Ratto Inducted In Marathon Swimming Hall Of Fame
- Marathon swimming
- Swimming On The Professional Marathon Swimming Circuit - part 1
- Swimming On The Professional Marathon Swimming Circuit - part 2
- What Is The Correct Call In Open Water Swimming?
- Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- World Professional Marathon Swimming Federation