Team Kizuna or チーム絆 in Japanese, is an 11-member open water swimming team that crossed the Tsugaru Channel from Honshu to Hokkaido in 6 hours 40 minutes. They used legs as short as 2 minutes to rapidly change swimmers throughout the channel relay.
Kizuna Enei Oudan Project
The crossing of the Tsugaru Channel was the second leg of the Kizuna Enei Oudan Project. The Kizuna Enei Oudan Project includes the Sado Channel between Sado Island and Niigata, the Tsugaru Channel, and the English Channel. Team Kizuna completed a two-way 80 km crossing of the Sado Channel between 21-22 July 2012, a one-way crossing of the Sado Channel on 3 August 2013, and a one-way crossing of the Tsugaru Channel on 23 August 2013. They plan to attempt the last stage by crossing the English Channel between 10-15 July 2015.
チーム絆/Team Kizuna Members
- 松川徹也 (マツカワテツヤ) Matsukawa Tetsuya
- 河本耕平 (カワモトコウヘイ) Kawamoto Kohei
- 佐藤康ー (さとうこういち) Sato Koichi
- 佐藤義雄 (サトウヨシオ) Seto Yoshio
- 石山黎 (イシヤマレイ) Ishiyama Rei
- 買場悠太 (カイバユウタ) Kaiba Yuta
- 白石えり子 (シライシエリコ) Shiraishi Eriko
- 藤塚千里 (フジズカセンリ) Fujizuka Senri
- 斉藤たけし (サイトウタケシ) Saito Takeshi
- 関口和史 (セキグチカズシ) Sekiguchi Kazushi
- 辰喜太輔 (タツヨシダイスケ) Tatsuyoshida Isuke
- 藤塚千英美 (フジヅカチエリ) Fujizuka Chieri