noun - SwimEars® are specialized ear plugs for open water swimmers and triathletes that protect against ear inflammation and dizziness without affecting hearing and balance, co-created by Danish open water swimmer Hans Henrik H. Heming, Christian Dittrich, and EarLabs AB in Sweden.
Independent tests show that SwimEars® outperform other ear plugs on the market. With close to zero acoustic loss SwimEars® allow you hear whats going on around you, improving safety in open waters and allowing you to hold a normal conversation with your coach or fellow swimmers.
SwimEars® help prevent issues like swimmer's ear (otitis externa) and surfer's ear (exostosis)
Cleverly designed with changeable parts, SwimEars® allow you to customize the plugs to fit perfectly in your ears, providing great seal and comfort.
2015 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year Nominees
1. Axis Buoy by FINIS (U.S.A.)
2. Best Places To Swim by Orca (New Zealand)
3. Chillswim Coniston by Chillswim (Great Britain)
4. Find A Way by Diana Nyad (U.S.A.)
5. IOLITE by Stephen Holm, Raymond Rogers, Justin Peck (U.S.A.)
6. Lake Geneva Swimming Association by Ben Barham (Switzerland)
7. Madswimmers Charity Swims by Jean Craven (South Africa)
8. Samsung Boğaziçi Kıtalararası Yüzme Yarışı (Bosphorus Cross-Continental Swim) by the National Olympic Committee of Turkey (Turkey)
9. Sting No More™ by Dr. Angel Yanagihara (U.S.A.)
10. Swim Across America (U.S.A.)
11. SwimCross (Switzerland)
12. SwimEars® by Hans Henrik Heming (Denmark)
13. Swimmit by Ivan Peralta (Spain)
14. SwimTrack by Evan Morrison (U.S.A.)
15. WEST (Water World Swimming Therapy) (Israel)
16. World Ice Swimming Championships (Russia)
2015 WOWSA Award Nomination
SwimEars® by Hans Henrik Heming
Hans Henrik Heming, founder of the Danish Open Water Swimming Association and CPH Swim in Copenhagen, Denmark, took together with a team a basic problem of open water swimming and did something about it. Utilizing financing from an innovative Kickstarter campaign, they took a simple product like earplugs and made them better. He envisioned, designed, produced and marketed a means to protect against ear inflammation and dizziness without affecting hearing and balance. For its cool packaging and even cooler design with a leash, for its ability to let sound in but keep water out, and for inspiring 1,680 financial backers to finance his vision for a new kind of ear plugs, Hans Henrik's SwimEars® is a worthy nominee for the 2015 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year.
- SwimEars Facebook page
- SwimEars Instagram page
- Did You Hear About SwimEars?
- Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Should Ice Swimming Be In The Olympics? Yes!
- If Ice Swimming Were In The Olympics, What Are The Rules?
- 50 Things Open Water Swimmer Should Not Do
- 100 Things Every Open Water Swimmer Should Know
- 25 Things Well-Traveled Open Water Swimmers Have
- Far-out Futuristic Inventions For Swimmers
- H2O Hearing With Hans Henrik H. Heming
- 2015 World Open Water Swimming Offering Of The Year Nominees
- Hear, Hear To Hans Henrik Heming
- WOWSA...Swimmers To Be Celebrated At Big Chill Swim
- 2015 WOWSA Awards - Performance Of The Year Voting