noun - Surface chop is wave action at the surface of the open bodies of water caused by wind. These small, frequent, irregular wave action is irritating to open water swimmers because they can impede forward movement and can reduce visibility from the surface of the water.
The surface chop was the reason why he went a bit off-course.
- Hank Wise Dunkin' Donuts Along The California Coast
- Facing Rough Water Out In The Open
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Hang On Above And Down Below
- When You Least Expect The Unexpected, It Happens
- Why Open Water Swimming Is Like American Airlines
- Are You Ready For The Open Water?
- Open Water Swimming To The Core
- If Open Water Swims Were Custom Starbucks Orders
- Swimming With Starbucks