- NCAA and American record holder, 1969, 400 Medley relay-swam butterfly leg. All American in high school and college
- Member of 2 NCAA Championship teams; 1968, 1969
- National age group record holder
- High school and college All American water polo player
- United States Masters Swimming - Top Ten 55-59 (2003)
Head Swimming coach of Kona Aquatics. Programs include Masters Swimming, age group swim team, learn to swim lessons, water polo, senior and infant classes.
State High School Championships: Coached Punahou School's boys' and girls' teams to an unprecedented 13 straight State High School Championships. (winningest high school team in nation) 1973 - 1986. Coached UH men's swimming team 1978-1979. Assistant Coach at Indiana with the legendary "Doc" Counsilman 1971-1972; coached NCAA Champions Mark Spitz and Gary Hall Sr. and over 50 high All Americans including Chris Woo, the youngest member of the 1976 Olympic Team. United States National Swim Team Coach 1979-1986
Race Director for the Gatorade Ironman Triathlon World Championship with total responsibility for the coordination and administration of the largest triathlon in the world.
General Director: Kona Family YMCA 1987-1991