Saint Thomas Island (Spanish: Santo Tomás; Dutch: Sint-Thomas; Danish: Sankt Thomas) is an island in the Caribbean Sea and, together with St. John and Water Island, forms a county and constituent district of the United States Virgin Islands (USVI), an unincorporated territory of the United States. Located on the island is the territorial capital and port of Charlotte Amalie. As of the 2010 census, the population of Saint Thomas was 51,634 about 48.5% of the US Virgin Islands total. The district has a land area of 31.24 square miles (80.9 km2).
Open Water Swimming
- In July 2017, Matthew Moseley swam 24.5 mile from St. Thomas to Isla Culebrita in 15 hours 24 minutes.
- In May 2018, Joel Matos Ortiz completed the 2018 RSOT Swim Across The Caribbean, a 80.4 km stage swim that started from St. John’s and went to St. Thomas to Vieques to Ceiba, Puerto Rico.
- Describing Reality vs. Fantasy During Hallucinations On WOWSA Live
- Core Strength Is Key In Marathon Swimming
- Hallucinations In The Open Water, A Future Edition Of WOWSA Live
- Marathoning Through Mush To Get What You Need
- St. Thomas Island
- Anthony McCarley Taking It To Another Level
- Joel Matos To Swim 50 Miles Between 4 Islands
- RSOT- Swim Across The Caribbean
- 100 km In The RSOT Swim Across The Caribbean
- World Open Water Swimming Association