Open Water Swimming Career
- Sarah and her sister Carol Hunt became the first twins to successfully swim across the English Channel on 6 August 1988 in 9 hours 29 minutes at the age of 26.
- The twins competed in the 1990 36 km Maratona del Golfo Capri-Napoli professional marathon swim in Italy.
- The twins completed the 1987 32 km Traversée internationale du lac St-Jean (9 hours 11 minutes).
- Sarah completed a crossing of Loch Lomond in 10 hours 55 minutes at the age of 25 in August 1987, 7 years after her first attempt ended in a DNF after 15 miles.
- Sarah completed a crossing of Loch Rannoch in August 1987