Sara Marley is a 49-year-old Irish open water swimmer living in London.
Open Water Swimming Career
- On 14 September 2013, she completed the 24.3 km Cape Circumnavigation Challenge (C3) around Cape May in New Jersey in 8 hours 11 minutes 22 seconds at the age of 45.
- On 30 July 2014, she completed a crossing of the English Channel from England to France in 13 hours 47 minutes at the age of 46.
- On 16 July 2015, she completed the 66 km Round Jersey in the Channel Islands in 12 hours 20 minutes.
- In 2015, she competed in the 2015 Champion of Champions event in Dover Harbour.
- On 7 August 2016, she completed the 26.4 km Lake Zurich Marathon Swim in Switzerland in 10 hours 18 minutes 16 seconds at the age of 48.
- On 11 June 2017, she completed the 10 km Jubilee River Swim from Taplow to Eton, UK in 3 hours 6 minutes 36 seconds at the age of 48.
- On 1 July 2017, she completed the 12.9 km Torbay Championship from Meadfort to Fishcombe to Meadfoot in 4 hours 27 minutes 56 seconds at the age of 48.
- On 22 July 2017, she completed the 28.5-mile (45.8 km) 20 Bridges Circumnavigation Swim of Manhattan in New York City in 9 hours 2 minutes 50 seconds at the age of 49.
- On 20 June 2018, she completed the 32.3 km crossing of the Catalina Channel from Santa Catalina Island to the Southern California mainland in 12 hours 37 minutes 39 seconds at the age of 49.
Cape May, New Jersey is affectionately known as "America's Oldest Seashore Resort" and has a rich history dating back to the early 1600s. Cape May was not officially an island until World War II when the Army Corp of Engineers constructed the Cape May Canal to help protect the American waterways from German "U"Boats, primarily the entrance to the prominent city of Philadelphia by way of the Delaware Bay/River.
- Suzanna Aguilar-Dann, age 45 from Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
- Lelané Rossouw-Bancroft, age 36 from Newark, Delaware
- David Barra, age 48 from High Falls, New York
- Lori Carena, age 59 from Brooklyn, New York
- James Clifford, age 61 from Poolesville, Maryland
- David Conners, age 45 from San Francisco, California
- Sydne Didler, age 42 from Hague, New York
- Mike Gemelli, age 43 from Rutherford, New York
- Leonard Jansen, age 58 from Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
- Jia Jung, age 32 from Brooklyn, New York
- Kenn Lowy, age 56 from Brooklyn, New York
- Sara Marley, age 45 from London, United Kingdom
- Anthony McCarley, age 54 from Berwyn, California
- Greg O'Connor, age 44 from Natick, Massachusetts
- Melissa O'Reilly, age 33 from Lambertville, New Jersey
- Kimberly Plewa, age 30 from Rahway, New Jersey
- Franco Prezioso, age 47 from Bel Air, Maryland
- Claudia Rose, age 49 from San Diego, California
- Charlotte Samuels, age 15 from Ridgewood, New Jersey
- Karen Schmidt, age 46 from Solano Beach, California
- Katie Scott, age 22 from Cherry Hill, New Jersey
- Mike Tyson, age 46 from Alexandria, Virginia
- Grace van der Byl, age 35 from Solano Beach, California
- Sara Marley Does Triple Crown Of Open Water Swimming
- Sara Marley Marathon Swimmers Federation
- C3 - Cape Circumnavigation Challenge Event Website
- Circle Tour In New Jersey - Cape Circumnavigation Challenge
- JC Malick
- Cape May Swim
- Victorian Cape May
- Cape May Canal
- Circumnavigating Around Cape Island
- C3 Results From Cape Circumnavigation Challenge
- British Long Distance Swimming Association Facebook page
- Senior Ladies In The Champion Of Champions
- British Long Distance Swimming Association
- New York Open Water
- New York Open Water Facebook page
- Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming
- FLASH! Swimming Around Manhattan Island Is On
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimmers Federation bio
- Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming