Samantha Druce is a British open water swimmer from Dorset County in southern England who became the youngest person to swim across the English Channel from England to France on 18 August 1983 in 15 hours 27 minutes at the age of 12 years 118 days. She broke the youngest record by Alison Wetherly who swam earlier on the day from France to England in 16 hours four minutes. Both were 12 years old, but Wetherly was 43 days older than Druce.
She received the Channel Swimming Association 1983 Award for being the Youngest Successful Swimmer.
- Marc Newman Reminisces About Swimming On WOWSA Live
- John Goodbody On An Open Water Swimming Icon, Thomas Watch
- Watching Over Many, Impacting All
- Channel Swimming Association
- A 12-year-old athlete became the youngest girl to swim
- Guinness World Records
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- So Many Channel Swimmers On His Watch