Dr. Sakura Adams is a British open water swimmer who lives in London, England and is a member of the Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming. She is a Paediatric ST3 at the Royal London Hospital. She studied at Queen Mary, University of London and is a committee member with the Channel Swimming & Piloting Federation that governs swims across the English Channel. She has done research on hypothermia in open water swimmers, using the members of the Serpentine Swimming Club as subjects.
Open Water Swimming Highlights
- On 6 August 2017, she finished third in the bioprene division in the 30th edition Sri Chinmoy Marathon Swim (International Self-Transcendence Marathon-Schwimmen) in Switzerland's Lake Zürich in 8 hours 22 minutes.
- She completed a crossing of the Maui Channel.
- She has participated in three English Channel relays in 2009 in 13 hours 41 minutes, in 2007 in 12 hours 23 minutes and in 2004 in 10 hours 14 minutes.
- She was the first Japanese swimmer to achieve the Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming.
- On 14 July 2005, she crossed the English Channel from England to France in 11 hours 8 minutes at the age of 23.
- On 28 July 2009, she completed a 32.3 km crossing of the Catalina Channel from Santa Catalina Island to the Southern California mainland in 10 hours 58 minutes 27 seconds at the age of 27.
- On 12 June 2010, she completed the 45.8 km Manhattan Island Marathon Swim in New York in 8 hours 24 minutes 28 seconds at the age of 28.
- On 31 July 2011, she completed a 66 km Round Jersey circumnavigation swim in 10 hours 19 minutes.
- On 23 August 2012, she completed a 14.4 km crossing of the Strait of Gibraltar from Spain to Morocco in 4 hours 21 minutes at the age of 30.
- The Perfect Open Water Woman
- The Perfect Open Water Man* Marathon Swimmers Federation bio
- Dr. Sakura Hingley Facebook page
- Sakura Hingley in Channel
- Catalina Channel Swimming Federation website
- Channel Swimming and Piloting Federation website
- NYC Swim bio
- Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming
- Open Water Swimming
- Oceans Seven List - September 2012
- When Love And Open Water Swimming Mix
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming Water
- Anticipating And Dealing With The Cold
- The Perfect Female Open Water Swimmer
- Living Out Of A Swimsuit And Suitcase, Traveling With Held
- 1 + 1 > 2 In The Open Water Swimming World
- The Perfect Ideal Of A Female Swimmer
- Triple Crowners Showcase Their Fountain Of Youth - Age of Triple Crowners
- International Women Of Mystery In The Open Water World
- Happy Wife, Happy Open Water Life
- Yuta Tsuboi Becomes The First Male Japanese Triple Crowner
- Remembering The 2010 Manhattan Island Marathon Swim
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Marathon Swimming
- Remembering The 2010 Manhattan Island Swim
- 30th Sri Chinmoy Marathon Swim Lake Zürich