Open Water Swimming Highlights
- She is a member of the Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming.
- She is a member of the Frosted Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming.
- She is a member of the Half Century Club.
- She is a member of the Board of Directors of the IISA USA (or International Ice Swimming Association USA), the governing body of ice swimming within the USA that functions under the auspices of the International Ice Swimming Association.
- She completed the 33.5 km English Channel in 18 hours 40 minutes certified by the Channel Swimming Association.
- She completed the 32.3 km Catalina Channel in 14 hours 42 minutes on 24 September 2014 (CM) certified by the Catalina Channel Swimming Federation.
- She completed the 45.9 km Manhattan Island Marathon Swim in 9 hours 54 minutes on 12 July 2014.
- She completed the 14.4 km Strait of Gibraltar in 5 hours 0 minutes.
- She completed the 9.6-mile Maui Channel Swim relay from Lanai to Maui.
- She completed the 10.2 km Little Red Lighthouse Swim in New York.
- She completed the Portland Bridge Swim in Oregon in 6 hours 14 minutes.
- She completed 4 of the 7 Oceans Seven channels.
- She completed the 66.9 km 4-day S.C.A.R. Swim Challenge in Arizona.
- She completed the END-WET in North Dakota in 12 hours 44 minutes down the Red River of the North on 20 June 2015.
- She attempted the 42 km Molokai Channel on 2 July 2016.
- On 28 January 2018, she completed an Ice Mile in Lake Truckee, California, USA in 4.94°C water at 1,800 meter altitude. Her 1.0-mile swim took 46:41 in -2.20°C air temperatures with observer Marcus Dobrowolski and witness Jen Valosek to achieve the Frosted Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming.
- On 4 February 2018, she completed her second Ice Mile in Lough Dan, Dublin, Ireland in 4.24°C water. Her 1.0-mile swim took 41:00 in 6.00°C air temperatures with observer Colm Breathnach and witness Ned Denison.
- She competed in the 15 km Cold Half Extreme Marathon Swim in Hong Kong (in the naturally ocean division) on 21 January 2019.
First-person Account of Channel Swims
Molokai Channel Attempt with Ranie Pearce
2016 World's 50 Most Adventurous Open Water Women
1. Patti Bauernfeind, marathon/channel/relay swimmer from the USA
2. Carina Bruwer, marathon/channel/charity event swimmer from South Africa
4. Charlotte Brynn, marathon/channel/ice swimmer and coach from New Zealand/USA
4. Jessie Campbell, ice/winter swimmer from Great Britain
5. Kimberley Chambers, marathon/channel/extreme/cross-border swimmer from New Zealand/USA
6. Devon Clifford, marathon/channel/open water swimmer from the USA
6. Jackie Cobell, channel/extreme/ice swimmer from Great Britain
8. Lorna Cochran, open water swimmer from South Africa
9. Olive Conroy, ice/winter swimmer from Ireland
10. Anna DeLozier, ice/winter swimmer from the USA
11. Beth French, channel swimmer from Great Britain
12. Elizabeth Fry, marathon/channel swimmer and event organizer from USA
14. Pat Gallant-Charette, channel/marathon swimmer from the USA
14. Pilar Geijo, professional marathon swimmer from Argentina
15. Ines Hahn, ice/winter/professional marathon swimmer from Germany
16. Jessi Harewicz, marathon/channel swimmer from Canada
16. Mariel Hawley Dávila, marathon/channel/cross-border swimmer from Mexico
18. Bárbara Hernández Huerta, winter/extreme swimmer from Chile
19. Bridgette Hobart, event organizer and marathon/channel swimmer from the USA
20. Elaine Howley, marathon/charity/ice swimmer and writer from the USA
21. Linda Kaiser, channel swimmer, advisor and administrator from the USA
22. Lori King, marathon/channel swimmer from the USA
24. Tita Llorens, marathon/channel swimmer from Spain
24. Marcy MacDonald, DPM, marathon/channel swimmer from the USA
25. Elina Makïnen, ice/winter swimmer from Finland
26. Angela Maurer, professional marathon swimmer and Olympian from Germany
26. Chloë McCardel, marathon/channel swimmer and coach from Australia
28. Tiffany McQueen, ocean/marathon swimmer from the USA
29. Sally Minty-Gravett, marathon/channel swimmer and coach from Great Britain (Jersey)
40. Jaimie Monahan, ice/winter/marathon/channel swimmer from the USA
41. Nuala Moore, marathon/ice swimmer, second, author and lecturer from Ireland
42. Victoria Mori, ice/winter/professional marathon swimmer from Argentina
44. Tina Neill, marathon/channel/backstroker/extreme relay swimmer from the USA
44. Anna-Carin Nordin, Oceans Seven/ice swimmer from Sweden
45. Renata Nováková, ice/winter swimmer from the Czech Republic
46. Magda Okurková, ice/winter swimmer from the Czech Republic
46. Penny Palfrey, channel/marathon/extreme swimmer from Australia
48. Ranie Pearce, marathon/channel swimmer from the USA
49. Cheryl Reinke, marathon swimmer from the USA
40. Charlotte Samuels, marathon/channel swimmer from the USA
41. Susan Simmons, marathon swimmer with Multiple Sclerosis from Canada
42. Kate Steels-Fryatt, polar ice miler and ice/winter swimmer from Great Britain
44. Sarah Thomas, marathon/extreme swimmer from the USA
44. Nora Toledano Cadena, marathon/channel/cross-border swimmer from Mexico
45. Natalie du Toit, professional marathon swimmer and Olympian from South Africa
46. Wendy Trehiou, marathon/channel swimmer from Great Britain (Jersey)
46. Wendy Van De Sompele, marathon swimmer and administrator from the USA
48. Samantha Whelpton, winter/ice swimmer from South Africa
49. Sabrina Wiedmer, ice/winter/marathon/channel swimmer from Switzerland
50. Julia Wittig, ice/winter swimmer from Germany
Northern California Open Water Swimming Association
She is a member of the board of directors of the Northern California Open Water Swimming Association and Lake Tahoe Open Water Swimming Association include Patrick O’Malley Daly, Suzie Dods, Suzanne Heim-Bowen, Sylvia Lacock, Ranie Pearce, Bryan Temmermand, Michael Tschantz-Hahn, and Steve Walker.
- Doug McConnell's Long Swim Amid Half A Million
- The History of Swimming 4 Long Days In SCAR
- International Ice Swimming Association USA Launched
- Jim Loreto Does Frosted Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming
- 2020 Colf Half And Cold Plunge In Hong Kong
- Sally Minty-Gravett MBE On High
- Northern California Open Water Swimming Association Start
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- 2016 World's 50 Most Adventurous Open Water Women
- Where Women Dominate
- Channel Swimming Association
- English Channel website
- Welcome to the English Channel
- NYC Swim bio
- English Channel Swim
- Strait of Gibraltar Swim
- NYC Swim
- Raine Pearce Does 4 In Group 4
- Triple Crown Of Open Water Swimming - Average Ages
- Blue Skins Swimming, Sylvia
- Shark Encounters Of The Closest Kind
- Shark Spawning Season In September
- Patty Hermann + Martin Strel 5.0 In Tampa Bay
- Ranie Pearce's Description Of Her Shark Encounter
- Challenging Channel Crossings With Michael Twigg-Smith
- Michael Twigg-Smith On Molokai Channel Crossings
- Never Too Old Around Manhattan Island
- Craig Coombs Sets Alameda Island Record, Long Version
- Join Ger At The Golden Gate
- IISA bio
- The Lake Tahoe Season & Sanctioning
- Matt & Manoa Buckman, Heroes In The Ocean