Open Water Swimming Career Highlights
- She became the fastest Irish female to swim the 33.2 km English Channel in 9 hours 40 minutes, beating her partner Tom Healy's crossing time of 9 hours 51 minutes.
- She won the 2016 Outsider Woman of the Year by Outsider Magazine in Ireland.
- She won the 2016 Open Water Swim Performance of the Year from the Irish Long Distance Swimming Association
- On 3 September 2011, she finished 3rd in the 16.9 km BLDSA Windermere swim from Fellfoot to Waterhead in Windermere, UK in 4 hours 19 minutes 5 seconds at the age of 32.
- On 10 August 2014, she finished 4th in the 26.4 Lake Zurich Marathon Swim in Switzerland in 7 hours 2 minutes 15 seconds at the age of 34.
- On 14 August 2016, she completed a 33.2 km crossing of the English Channel from England to France in 9 hours 40 minutes at the age of 37.
- On 1 September 2018, she won the 16.9 km BLDSA Windermere swim from Fellfoot to Waterhead in Windermere, UK in 4 hours 7 minutes 53 seconds at the age of 38.
- She won the 2019 Battle of Carlingford Lough Swim in Northern Ireland.
- Ireland Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame Class of 2021
- Rachel Lee Is Doubly Busy, Doubly Fast
- Rachael Lee Wins Outsider Woman Of The Year
- Nuala Moore Awarded Masters Outsider Of The Year
- Rachel Lee, Sabrina Wiedmer, Nuala Moore Up For Awards
- Dublin City Fire Fighter has broken the Irish record for swimming the English Channel
- 2016 Irish Long Distance Swimming Association Awards
- Irish Long Distance Swimming Association Official Website
- Irish Long Distance Swimming Association Facebook Page
- Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Marathon Swimmers Federation bio
- 'Jellyfish stings helped me swim Channel' - firefighter Rachel