Paul McCambridge is a photographer and open water swimmer from Ireland. He represented Ulster in his youth and participated on a successful North Channel relay in 2011 with Team Camlough, and the Copeland Island Swim in 2010.
He has been a photographer for over 20 years, winning many press and editorial awards, covering assignments for national and international newspapers and magazines. He works with television broadcasters both north and south of the Irish Border, RTE, UTV etc. Newspaper clients include The Observer, Guardian, The Sunday Times, Irish Times, Sunday Business Post, Dagens Nyheter and many international publications. Magazine clients include Newsweek, Time, Spotlight, Front, Inside Edge, Ministry of Sound and DJ magazine.
The visual arts are another main focus of his work, with photographic and video projects spanning many years. Images made have been used for book publications, educational purposes and exhibitions locally and nationally. Venues include; Tate Modern, London, The Lowry Gallery, Salford, The Pump House Museum, Manchester, The Photographers Gallery, London and Downpatrick Arts Centre, N. Ireland.
McCambridge was awarded the Simon Cumbers Media Fund for his photographic feature on Human Trafficking that was published in the Irish Times in June 2013.
He served as the photographer at the Global Swim Series Eleventh Annual Awards for the 2018 Season and the Ireland Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame held at Belfast Castle, Ireland on 9-10 February 2019.
Wild Swimming In Ireland
Couch to 5 km Swim
- Paul McCambridge
- Brian Meharg Shares His Perspectives On North Channel Crossings At the 2019 WOWSA Ocean Fest
- World's First Lady Seven Oceans Anna Cardin Nordin Sweden
- Anna Carin Nordin Completes The Oceans Seven
- Michelle Macy Makes It Three In Oceans Seven
- Sheena Paterson, 1954 - 2014
- Irish Long Distance Swimming Association
- Facebook Page
- International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Olympic 10K Marathon Swim round-up
- Marathon Swimming
- Olympic 10K Marathon Swim
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- I Got Stung
- World Marathon Swimming Association
- Wild Swimming In Ireland To Be Launched