Participation Longevity In An Open Water Swim
Mally Richards of Jeffreys Bay, South Africa participated in his first SPAR River Mile in 1947 and will participate in his 66th race in February 2019 to hold the Participation Longevity record in an open water swim.
SPAR River Mile
The SPAR River Mile is Africa's oldest open water swimming event that started in 1924 in Redhouse on the Swartkops River in South Africa.
- SPAR Redhouse River Mile
- Open Water Swimming
- Top 100 Open Water Swims in Africa
- Mally Richards Is A Diamond In The Rough Water
- SPAR Redhouse River Mile From 1924 To The Present
- Bruce Macarthur, Game To Have A Go
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- River Continues To Run
- Mally Richards Continues His Streak At 66 River Miles