Outdoor Swimming Society
The Outdoor Swimming Society (OSS) is an online forum and platform envisioned and driven by renowned Wild Swim author, Kate Rew of Great Britain. The Outdoor Swimming Society is an organisation with the aim of harnessing and growing the popularity of wild swimming. The Outdoor Swimming Society unites thousands of outdoor swimmers across the United Kingdom and around the world.
Kate Rew describes an early love of wild swimming developed during summer days on her family’s farm in Devonshire. The childhood expeditions developed into a lifelong passion, prompting Rew to author the book ‘Wild Swim’, celebrating some of the best swims across Britain.
Outdoor Swimming Society Swims
The Outdoor Swimming Society conducts an annual open water swimming series in the United Kingdom. The events include:
- Bantham Swoosh, a 6 km swim down a beautiful estuary in Devon
- Dart 10K, a new 10-mile course on 5-6 September
- an autumn swim (to be announced)
- December Dip
OSS Adventure Series
The Outdoor Swimming Society Adventure Series is a series of free wild swims, offered to OSS swimmers by OSS swimmers. The Adventure Series is for competent, confident swimmers who swim at their own risk as peers - there is no safety cover. The Series is supported by Alpkit.
Open Water Swimming Video
Chasing The Sublime Trailer
- Outdoor Swimming Society
- Open Water Swimming
- Derek Stewart Looked To Tri Swimming
- The Bantham Swoosh
- What A Cool Twist...The Bantham Swoosh
- Goodwill And Good Times
- Dom Bush, Land & Sky Media
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- The Great British Swim Will Culminate On November 4th
- Circumnavigating Great Britain In 157 Days
- Films Around, In And Under Water By Amanda Bluglass