noun - The Ouma Academy (or Ouma for Kids) is a concept and an event created by Nejib Belhedi of Tunisia. The Ouma Academy is an innovative project that gives hope and brings the joy of swimming to the younger generations in Tunisia. The concept of Ouma – or swimming in the sea – has captured the imagination, attention and minds of children throughout Tunisia due to the relentless efforts of its founder Belhedi. The Ouma Academy sets a learn-to-swim standard in Tunisia and throughout the Middle East.
1400K Ouma For Kids Across Tunisia
OUMA 1400K, part of the Ouma Academy, is an initiative launched by Nejib Belhedi in Tunisia, a Swimmer of Peace and Bridge Builder in the 1400K Swim Across Tunisia who encourages people in Tunisia, especially the young and children to initiate and enjoy swimming in the sea. Belhedi also created the 1400K Ouma For Kids Across Tunisia and the Swim of Peace Ouma - Djerba as part of the Ouma Academy in Tunisia.
The Ouma Academy was nominated for the 2013 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year award. Its founder, Nejib Belhedi was the recipient of the 2012 World Open Water Swimming Performance of the Year award.
- The History Of Ouma In Tunisia
- Ouma Facebook page
- Ouma Expands To Next Generation In Tunisia
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Ouma during the 1400K Swim Across Tunisia
- Eco-Battle Over Oued Ellouza, Fought With Ouma
- A Peaceful End To The 1400K Swim Across Tunisia
- Adam Walker Shares Ouma And His Passion
- Swim Of Peace Ouma - Djerba In Tunisia
- 2013 World Open Water Swimming Offering Of The Year