noun - The OakStreakers, also called the Oak Street Thalassic Society, was the original name of the Laguna Beach Open Water Swimmers, a group of enthusiastic, passionate, knowledgeable ocean swimmers from around Southern California who frequently train off the shores of Laguna Beach, California, U.S.A. and participate in open water swims around the world. They welcome other friends and open water swimmers to their training sessions where swimmers can swim traditionally (i.e., no wetsuits) or with wetsuits if the water is deemed too cold. They often have theme group swims and always a lot of fun.
Many Oak Street Streakers communicate their locations and times of swimming through OC Open Water Swims, a nearly 100-person Google Group of open water swimmers dedicated to publicizing open water swim practices and events in Orange County and surrounding areas. Interested swimmers can request an invitation to join via firstname.lastname@example.org.
The group's name comes from the local city street, Oak Street.
A washed-up volleyball called Wilson.
Members and Visitors
The group includes experienced open water swimmers like Lynn Kubasek, Patsee Ober, Howard Burns, Bryan Buck, Scott Zornig, Roni Hibben, Ray Meltvedt, Laura Lee, Carol Hayden, Julian Rusinek, and many others. The group includes channel swimmers, newbies and visitors from all over the world. They do an annual 100 x 100s in the Pacific Ocean at Main Beach in Laguna Beach and occasional ice swims in Big Bear Lake and Lake Arrowhead.
- Lynn Kubasek, The Mother Of All Volunteers
- The Dolphin & Whale Capital Of The World
- Somewhere Over The Rainbow Are 100x100s
- OC Open Water Swims Google Group
- Open Water Swimming Clubs and Teams
- 100 x 100s Open Water Style
- A Pod Of Phibbies Led By The Chief Ancient
- Key Advice At The Beach
- 100 x 100s In The Ocean Déjà Vu
- Playful Pod On Peregrination
- Swimming On Leeward Side In Laguna
- The Ocean Provides Endless Abyss Of Opportunities
- Keep Your Head Up In The Open Water
- Birthday Swims, Sets And Celebrations
- The Legend Of Wilson In The Water
- Peer-to-Peer Pressure From Pier-to-Pier
- Anacapa Relays Swim With A Fin In The Water
- Marathon Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- I Got Stung
- Survivors Fear No Pier Down The California Coast
- Julian Rusinek Finishes 2-Year Journey Between 2 Islands
- Can You Hackett? 100 x 100
- Marine Sports At Newport Beach Film Festival
- Patsee Ober Captures The Ocean's Magical Moments
- What Is A Speedo Streaker?
- A Lifetime Of Swimming, Sharing And Supporting
- The Look Of The Open Water
- Roughwater Training In California With Godzilla El Niño
- Inheriting And Sharing A Beautiful Smile In The Open Water
- Lynn Kubasek Is Always At Our Side