Nadando Cerca del Cielo
Nadando Cerca del Cielo (English: swimming near heaven or Torneo Internacional de Natación en Aguas Abiertas') is an 7.5 km (3.8-mile) point-to-point high-altitude lake swim (both soloists and relays) from the Isla de la Luna to the Isla del Sol in Lake Titicaca, Bolivia in 14°C (58°F) water between Copacabana and Bolivia. Nadando Cerca del Cielo is organized by the Torneo Internacional de Natación.
Lake Titicaca or Lago Titicaca in Spanish is a lake located on the border of Peru and Bolivia. It sits 3,811 meters (12,500 feet) above sea level, making it the highest commercially navigable lake in the world.
Isla del sol – Isla de la Luna
The X Versión de Aguas Abiertas Isla del sol – Isla de la Luna is organized by the El Club de Tenis La Paz (Tennis Club of La Paz) and La Federación Boliviana de Natación (Bolivian Swimming Federation).
15-18, 19-24, 25-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+ years
US$120 international swimmers; US$90 national masters swimmers, US$60 national youth swimmers, US$30 U.S. military personnel. Fees include ground transportation from La Paz to Copacabana to La Paz, lake transport from Copacabana to Isla del Sol to Copacabana, escort pilot, naval support, medical assistance, refreshments and hydration, participation medal and certificate, judges, souvenirs, and access to pool in La Paz (for international participants).
- Aguas Abiertas
- Swimming In The Sky
- Nadando Cerca Del Cielo, Swimming Near Heaven
- Lynne Cox Crosses Lake Titicaca
- 100 New Year's Resolutions For Open Water Swimmers
- Most Difficult Swims In The World - Southern Hemisphere
- Most Difficult Swims In The World - Northern Hemisphere
- America's Very Difficult Open Water Swims
- 10 Difficult Short Open Water Swims
- Swimming in Cold Water - The Science, Sport, Life Strategy
- Where Imagination Can Take Open Water Swimmers
- Swimming From Isla De La Luna To Isla Del Sol
- Oleg Dokuchaev, Cristian Vergara Swim On High
- The Words Of The Winter and Ice Swimming Community
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- The Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- Swimming From The Sun To The Moon
- High-Altitude Swims Around The World