Molly Nance is a 54-year-old open water swimmer from Lincoln, Nebraska.
Open Water Swimming Career
- She completed the 36-mile (57.9 km) END-WET on 20 June 2015 in 11 hours 22 minutes (neoprene).
- On 13 July 2013, she completed the 43.5 km END-WET in 8 hours 2 minutes.
- On 6 May 2015, she completed the Saguaro Lake 13.3 km stage swim at the SCAR Swim Challenge in Arizona in 4 hours 23 minutes 30 seconds.
- On 7 May 2015, she completed the Canyon Lake 14.1 km stage swim at the SCAR Swim Challenge in Arizona in 4 hours 25 minutes 54 seconds.
- On 9 May 2015, she completed the Roosevelt Lake 10 km stage swim at the SCAR Swim Challenge in Arizona in 3 hours 43 minutes 46 seconds.
- On 17 September 2016, she completed the 14 km Alligator Lighthouse Swim in Islamorada, Florida in 5 hours 29 minutes 17 seconds at the age of 50.
- On 16 July 2017, she completed the Castle 10K in Wellington, New Zealand in 3 hours 17 minutes 58 seconds at the age of 51.
- On 12 August 2017, she completed the 16.1 km Minnetonka Challenge in Minnesota in 5 hours 30 minutes 39 seconds at the age of 51.
- On 1 October 2017, she completed the 19.3 km Swim Around Charleston in South Carolina in 5 hours 42 minutes 5 seconds at the age of 51.
- In May 2018, she completed the first 34 km channel swim between St. Lucia and Martinique in the Caribbean Sea at the age of 52.
- She appeared in the month of October in the 2019 Marathon Swimmers Federation photo calendar.
- She was named one of the World's 50 Most Adventurous Open Water Women in 2019 by the World Open Water Swimming Association.
The Extreme North Dakota Watersports Endurance Test or END-WET, is a 27-mile (43.4 km) mixed-sports event where solo and relay swimmers pit themselves against other endurance athletes down the Red River between Grand Forks, North Dakota and Oslo, Minnesota in the United States. It is one of the longest marathon swims in the world and directed by Andy Magness.
2016 Swim For Alligator Lighthouse
Marathon Swim Stories
- Lynn Kubasek, The Mother Of All Volunteers
- Shannon House Keegan Talks Marathon Swimming Stories
- Sue Dyson Explains The History Of St. Lucia Channel Swims On WOWSA Live
- Katie Blair, Ted Lomicka, Chris Allshouse To Attempt St. Lucia Channel Swims
- Swim For Alligator Light From Above And Below
- Noah Zhang, Alison Hayden Win Swim For Alligator Lighthouse
- END-WET Racing
- An Adventure Like No Other In The Mighty Red River
- Dan Projansky Flying Down The Red River To END-WET
- Don't Wait To The END
- Swimmers Head to END to Mighty Red River
- Dan Projansky Shoulders A 26-Mile Burden In The END-WET
- The Odyssey Of Open Water Swimming
- List Of Marathon Swims Around The World
- Marathon Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming website
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- Annaleise Carr To Start New And Longer END-WET
- Marathon Swimmers Federation bio
- Saint Lucia-Martinique Channel Swim: Molly Nance to chance the course next week
- Molly Nance Kicks Off St Lucia-Martinique Channel Swim
- Marathoning Molly, Magnificent
- A Year With The Marathon Swimmers Federation
- 2019 World's 50 Most Adventurous Open Water Women
- Lynn Kubasek's Legacy Honored By The MSF