Mohammed Sofian Ismail
Athletic Career Highlights
- He has completed 16 Ironman Triathlons.
- On 22 April 2018, he completed the 6.5 km Kapas Marang International Swimathon 2018 in Malaysia from Marang to Pulau Kapas.
- On 4 April 2018, he completed a 21 km circumnavigation swim around the island of Koh Tao in Thailand in 9 hours 42 minutes supported by pace swimmer Jose Luis Larrosa and escort kayaker Annika Larsson.
- On 4 February 2018, he volunteered at the Port Dickson Open Water Swimming I.
- He completed a 3 km New Year Resolution Swim held on 31 December 2017 at Putrajaya Lake.
- He completed the Thailand Swimathon 10 km in Pattaya on 2 December 2017 finishing in 3 hours 20 minutes.
- He completed the Thailand Swimathon 10 km in Pattaya in December 2016 finishing in 3 hours 34 minutes.
- He completed the 10 km Oceanman at Tanjung Rhu, Langkawi on 25 November 2017.
- On 7 October 2017, he finished 11th in the 15 km Clean Half Extreme Marathon Swim in Hong Kong.
- On 16 September 2017, he completed the 16 km Pulau Perhentian Besar Round Island Swim in 5 hours 40 minutes.
- On 28 September 2016, he completed the 16 km Pulau Perhentian Besar Round Island Swim in 7 hours 2 minutes.
- He suffered a heart attack during an open water swim event in Port Dickson, Negri Sembilan, Malaysia in 2016.
- On 16 September 2018, he finished 5th in the 16 km Perhentian Island Marathon Swim in Malaysia.
- On 6 October 2018, he finished 16th in the 16 km Perhentian Island Marathon Swim in Malaysia.
- Focus In October: Perhentian Island Marathon Swim
- Sofian Triathlete Blog
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- Top 50 Open Water Swims in Asia
- Environmentally-friendly Open Water Relays
- Clean Half Welcomes YakSwimmers
- Sofian Suffers, Survives, And Keeps On Swimming