Open Water Swimming Career
- His first major open water swim was the Alcatraz Island to San Francisco's Aquatic Park swim in 2003 where he came 4th in his age group and 25th overall.
- He has completed 4 Robben Island crossings.
- In 2009 he did a double Robben Island crossing to raise funds for charity.
- He holds the record for participating in 15 Sun City Swims.
- In 2013 he completed a crossing of the Strait of Gibraltar with the fastest time ever in his age group.
- In December 2015, he will attempt The Big Swim on Mt Tres Cruces in December 2015 at 5,909 m (19,386 feet) in Argentina as part of the Madswimmers' Ojos Swim together with Jean Craven, Evan Feldman, Chris Marthinusen, Herman van der Westhuizen, Robert Graaff, and Juandre Human. The Ojos swim is part 1 of 2 of the Hi/Low Swim Challenge: Ojos will be the highest swim and the Dead Sea from Jordan to Israel will be the lowest open water swim in the following year.
- He participated in the 16 km Dead Sea Swim across the Dead Sea on 15 November 2016.
- He participated in the Great Shark Swim, a planned 100 km charity swim organised by Madswimmer in the Agulhas Current along the KwaZulu Natal Coast in South Africa. The team stopped after 28.24 km and 9 hours 3 minutes due to stings by blue bottles on 2 December 2017.
The Highest Swim
Mount Ojos del Salado Swim
The Highest Swim
Madswimmers doing high-altitude swimming at 5909m (19,386 feet) in a frozen lake on Mt Tres Cruces, a volcano in the Andes Mountains along the Argentina - Chile border in South America with the water temperature between 0.5 - 2ºC (32.9ºF - 35.6ºC). Jean Craven, Herman van der Westhuizen and Chris Marthinusen completed the 5-minute neoprened wild swim while Evan Feldman and Milton Brest swam in wetsuits and Robert Graaff and Juandre Human were unable to partake in the final swim due to medical restraints after a 6-hour hike up the volcano and a laborious creating of the small area to swim through the 20 cm thick ice covering.
Dead Sea Swim
Brest participated in the 16 km Dead Sea Swim across the Dead Sea on 15 November 2016. The participating open water swimmers include Udi Erell, Adina Faur, Kimberley Chambers, Abigail Thomson, Yosuf, Avishag Turek, Ori Sela, Oded Rahav, Milton Brest, Juandre Human, Jean Craven, Evan Feldman, Ben Enosh, Doron Amosi, Munqueth Mehyar, Brooke Penney, Dov Litvinoff, Nick Papageorge, Samuel Moran, and Luc Chetboun.
The Great Shark Swim
He participated in the Great Shark Swim, a planned 100 km charity swim organised by Madswimmer in the Agulhas Current along the KwaZulu Natal Coast in South Africa. The team stopped after 28.24 km and 9 hours 3 minutes due to stings by blue bottles on 2 December 2017.
- Mad Swimmer
- Milton Brest
- Milton Brest Heads To 15th Sun City Swim
- 2015 World Open Water Swimming Offering Of The Year Nominees
- Swimming On Top Of The World's Highest Volcano
- 2015 WOWSA Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year Voting
- The Highest Open Water Swim In History
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Pool Time At The Highest Swim In History
- The Big Swim At 5,909m Is Tomorrow
- Madswimmers Complete The Highest Swim In History
- Swimming In Earth's Lowest Elevation On Land
- How High Can Madswimmer Go?
- Uncertainty In The Unknown
- Ibiza Swim And Bazaruto Swim By Madswimmer
- Great Shark Swim Stopped By Blue Bottles
- High-Altitude Swims Around The World