Mike Mitchell is an American open water swimmer from Southern California.
- 2011 SPMS Open Water Series 2nd place - Men's 55-59
Mitchell was a member of the six-member HTC Relay team with Tina Neill (captain), Forrest Nelson, Emily Evans, Steve Lowe, and Kent Nicholas that set a new course record of 25 hours 48 minutes from a swim from San Clemente Island, around the western edge of Catalina Island, to the Southern California mainland at Cabrillo Beach on 25 July 2012. The HTC Relay broke the record of the Swim for Hope relay for the 52 statute mile channel swim.
He was also a member of Team FTD, an open water swimming relay consisting of Forrest Nelson, Becky Jackman-Beeler, Kent Nicholas, Emily Evans, and Tina Neill. The relay completed an unprecedented 6-way Catalina Channel crossing in 61 hours 7 minutes from 10-13 July 2013. Source: Evan Morrison of the Marathon Swimmers Forum on 13 July 2013.
- Sing Their Praises, Team Is Defined By FTD
- Catalina Channel 6-way Crossing
- San Clemente Crossed For The Second Time
- Open Water Swimming.com
- Southern Pacific Masters Open Water Series Champions
- The Evolution Of Distance, The Sea Hawks Soar To Record
- Pittmans Inducted In Marathon Swimming Hall Of Fame