(Redirected from Mickey Helps)
Open Water Swimming Career
- He completed the THE 3 SWIMS of Europe (English Channel + Strait of Gibraltar + Dardanelles Straits) in 2016 and has completed two channels of the Oceans Seven.
- He completed the Round Jersey Solo in 11 hours 20 minutes in 2013.
- In 2006, he completed an English Channel crossing in 19 hours 9 minutes.
- In 2007, he completed the Ironman UK.
- On 10 July 2007, he completed a 33.5 km crossing of the English Channel from England to France in 13 hours 35 minutes 57 seconds at the age of 41.
- On 3 August 2008, he finished 11th in the 26.4 km Lake Zurich Marathon Swim in Switzerland in 9 hours 39 minutes 40 seconds at the age of 42.
- In 2010, he completed an English Channel relay crossing.
- In 2011, he completed the Marathon Des Sables.
- On 12 August 2013, he completed a 66 km Round Jersey swim in Jersey in 11 hours 20 minutes at the age of 47.
- On 24-25 August 2016, he was pulled from the English Channel after swimming 41 hours 14 minutes within 1,200 yards of the English coast on his two-way attempt.
- On 14 June 2016, he completed a 14.4 km crossing of the Strait of Gibraltar from Spain to Morocco in 4 hours 22 minutes at the age of 50.
- On 30 August 2016, he completed a crossing of the three-mile Dardanelles Straits.
- On 14 June 2016, he completed a 14.4 km crossing of the Strait of Gibraltar from Spain to Morocco in 4 hours 22 minutes at the age of 50. He won the 2016 Frank Richards Endurance Award from the Channel Swimming & Piloting Federation.
- In 2017, he completed a 4 km crossing of the Bosphorus.
- On 18 September 2018, he completed a 13.5 km crossing of the Bonifacio Strait in Italy in 4 hours 51 minutes at the age of 52.
- In 2018, he completed a crossing of the Sea of Galilee.
- On 28 August 2019, he completed a 32.3 km crossing of the Catalina Channel from Santa Catalina Island to the Southern California mainland in 13 hours 50 minutes. On board the escort boat Bottom Scratcher were sons William Helps and Matthew Helps, and International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame Honor Swimmer Michelle Macy and observers Forrest Nelson and Joel Virgel.
- In 2021, he is scheduled to attempt the Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge transatlantic course as a stage relay together with Mark Pollard, Michelle Macy, David Kimber, and Mike Baumann.
- Ned Denison Explains About Marathon Swimming Mentors on WOWSA Live
- The Challenge, Captivation And Cruelty Of The Open Water
- Marathon Swimming
- Mickey Helps Never Thought Of Quitting After 41 Hours
- When Water Polo And Open Water Swimming Mix
- From Shore To Shore Across The Atlantic
- Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge" - The World's Toughest Row
- Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Epsom swimmer Mickey Helps to tackle British Channel to raise money for British Heart Foundation
- 3 Swims Of Europe
- Marathon Swimmers Federation bio
- Catalina Channel Swimming Federation Facebook page