Matthew J. Williams is a 38-year-old British mountaineer, triathlete and English Channel swimmer who lives in Manchester, England. Born and grew up in Namibia, he is an investor in renewable energy projects, serving as the Chief Financial Officer of a British renewables investment firm called Blue Energy.
Endurance Sports Career Highlights
- He won an age group silver medal at the 2014 world championships in Edmonton, Canada.
- He crossed the English Channel from England to France on 22 September 2010 in 15 hours 25 minutes under the auspices of the Channel Swimming & Piloting Federation with Neil Streeter as his escort pilot and Irene Wakeham as his observer. He was the second Namibian-born person to swim across the English Channel after Bobby Jo Basingthwaite.
- He has climbed all over the world including a summit of Mount Everest on 23 May 2008 with the A.P. Everest Expedition that raised money for an orphanage in Namibia. He was the first person from Namibia to climb Mount Everest.
- He was the fourth person in history to complete the Peak and Pond Challenge.
- #13 Is A First: Anna Brown Does The Peak and Pond
- Greg Johnson Completes The Peak And Pond
- Hugo Rodriguez Barroso To Appear On WOWSA Live
- Channel Swimming & Piloting Federation
- Up Mount Everest
- Jason Snell Achieves The Peak And Pond
- Peak And Pond People
- Matt Williams On Swimming And Summiting
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Three's A Charm For Professor Patrick McKnight
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming