Mark Spratt is a 63-year-old American Indy Aquatic Masters open water swimmer from Indianapolis, Indiana who does pool and open water swimming and was nominated for the Barra Award for Best Overall Year.
Open Water Swimming Career
- He has completed several marathon swims including the Manhattan Island Marathon Swim, a crossing of the Catalina Channel, SCAR and the 2013 Ederle Swim.
- He swam stages 3 and 4 of the 2017 8 Bridges Hudson River Swim in New York.
- Between 25-28 April 2018, he completed all four stage swims of the SCAR Swim Challenge in Arizona (9.5-mile or 15.2 km Saguaro Lake + 9-mile or 14.4 km Canyon Lake + 17-mile or 27.3 km Apache Lake + 6.2-mile or 10 km Roosevelt Lake) finishing 8th overall at the age of 62 in a cumulative time of 16 hours 40 minutes 4.3 seconds.
- He competed in stage 7 of the 8 Bridges Hudson River Swim in New York, but did not finish on 26 June 2018.
- On 24 August, he finished 17th overall in the 15.2 km Saguaro Lake stage swim of the 4-day SCAR Swim Challenge in Arizona in 3:46:30.3.
- On 25 August, he finished 18th in the 14.4 km Canyon Lake stage swim of the 4-day SCAR Swim Challenge in Arizona in 3:41:58.7.
- On 26 April 2019, he attempted the 27.3 km stage across Apache Lake on Day 3 of the 4-day S.C.A.R. Swim Challenge in Arizona at the age of 63.
S.C.A.R. Swim Challenge
- He participated in the 2015 S.C.A.R. Swim Challenge is a 4-day stage swim in Arizona in the Saguaro Lake, Canyon Lake, Apache Lake, and Roosevelt Lake, one of the longest marathon swimming events in the world.
- He finished 11th overall on Day One in Saguaro Lake, a 9.5-mile (15.2 km) course at 1529-feet (466m) elevation, in 3:26:06.9.
- He finished 7th on Day Two in Canyon Lake.
- He finished 7th overall in Stage 2 in Canyon Lake at the 2016 SCAR Challenge
- He completed the 15.7-mile (25.2 km) Stage 6 of the 2016 8 Bridges Hudson River Swim in New York.
- Swim the Suck - 10 miles/16 km in 4 hours 11 minutes on 8 October 2016
- Spuyten Duyvil 10K - 6.5 miles/10.5 km in 1 hour 35 minutes on 11 September 2016
- Catalina Channel Solo - 20.1 miles/32.16 km in 10 hours 6 minutes on 8 September 2016
- Oceanside Labor Day Pier Swim - 1 miles/1.6 km in 21 minutes 49 seconds on 5 September 2016
- Coronado Sports Fiesta - 1 mile/1.6 km in 21 minutes 13 seconds on 3 September 2016
- Swim to the Moon 10K - 6.2 miles/10 km in 2 hours 31 minutes on 21 August 2016
- USMS 10 Mile National Championship - 10 miles/16 km in 4 hours 54 minutes on 30 July 2016
- 8 Bridges Stage 6 (Tappan Zee to GWB) - 15.7 miles/25.12 km in 3 hours 35 minutes on 2 July 2016
- C.I.O.W.S. Swim - 2.4 miles/3.84 km in 1 hour 2 minutes on 25 June 2016
- USMS National 2 Mile Cable Swim - 2 miles/3.2 km in 51 minutes 2 seconds on 18 June 2016
- Great Chesapeake Bay Swim - 4.4 miles/7.04 km in 1 hour 50 minutes on 12 June 2016
- Geoffrey Keller Memorial - 2.4 miles/4 km in 1 hour 1 minute on 4 June 2016
- SCAR-Roosevelt Lake - 6.6 miles/10 km in 2 hours 55 minutes on 30 April 2016
- SCAR-Apache Lake - 17 miles/27.3 km DNF on 29 April 2016
- SCAR-Canyon Lake - 9 miles/14.4 km in 3 hours 41 minutes on 28 April 2016
- SCAR-Saguaro Lake - 9.5 miles/15.2 km in 3 hours 38 minutes on 27 April 2016
- 24 Hour Relay on 30 January 2016
- 3-mile Triple Dip in Coney Island in September 2017.
Marathon Swim Stories
- Shannon House Keegan Talks Marathon Swimming Stories
- Swimming In Stages Down The Hudson River
- S.C.A.R. Day One In Saguaro
- Christine Cossette, Elizabeth Fry Extend The Possible
- S.C.A.R. Swim Challenge
- Indy Aquatic Masters
- Getting Sucked Into Open Water Swimming
- How Great To Swim All Eight; How Fun To Do Just One
- 8 Bridges Hudson River Swim
- List Of Marathon Swims Around The World
- Venturing Into The Unknown
- Marathon Swimming
- Short List of Long Marathon Swims
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- What Is A Marathon Swim?
- Do Marathon Runs Compare To Marathon Swims?
- Longest Marathon Swims In The World
- What is The Defined Distance Of A Marathon Swim?
- How Many Channel Swimmers Are There In The World?
- 7 Uber Days Between 8 Long Bridges
- What Is The Hardest Week Of Swimming In The World?
- Touting His Ability To Come Back, Jamie Under 8 Bridges
- Triple Dip, Another Stop On The Stephen Rouch Tour
- SCAR Swim Challenge
- Stefan Reinke Outduels Serbo Simeoni On SCAR Day 1
- S.C.A.R. Is Like Night And Day
- Jamie Ann Phillips Forges Into Lead In Apache Lake
- Reinke Hangs On, Jamie Ann Phillips Swimming Strong
- As Night Falls, So Does Men's Record. Jamie Ann Phillips Leads Way With Stefan Reinke
- Jessica Kieras Wins Day 2 Of S.C.A.R. Swim Challenge
- Fast Flyer Freestyles, Finishes First