Margaret Smith is a British open water swimmer and administrator from Caistor.
Open Water Swimming Highlights
- She received the British Long Distance Swimming Association Outstanding Swim of the Year award and annual breaststroke award.
- She served as the Honorary Administrative Secretary of the British Long Distance Swimming Association.
- She managed the press coverage of the 5th edition of the 26 km Windermere International Championships across Lake Windermere in England held on 7 August 1982.
Irish Long Distance Swimming Association
She is also the namesake for the Margaret Smith Award, an annual award given by the Irish Long Distance Swimming Association to an individual for his or her contributions to the sport of open water swimming. Its recipients include Nuala Moore in 2011 and Owen O'Keefe in 2012.
- On Course - Eventually - To The Olympic Marathon Swim
- 1982 Windermere International Championships
- Margaret Storms To Outstanding Honour
- 2013 Irish Long Distance Swimming Award Nominations
- Next Generation Of Leadership At Sandycove Island
- Owen O'Keefe website
- All-Ireland Long Distance Swimming Party
- Irish Long Distance Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- ILDSA Awards 2013 Voting