Marcia Benjamin is an American pool and open water swimming coach from San Leandro, California.
Coaching and Swimming Highlights
- Among her swimmers is Craig Coombs who set a 24.6 km record around Alameda Island in San Francisco Bay in August 2018.
- She was the assistant Juniors Swimming Coach of Team USA at the 2013 Maccabiah Games in Israel. On Team USA, she works with coaches Rick Ehrlich, Doug Markoff, Barry Roffer and Evan Rahaeuser.
- She received the 2013 Kerry O’Brien Coaches Award, an annual award given by U.S. Masters Swimming, named to honor the Walnut Creek Masters (Pacific) coach who embodies the passion, dedication, and heart that USMS coaches bring to the pool deck and open water.
- She is the head coach for MEMO or Marcia's Enthusiastic Masters of Oakland, a masters swimming team in northern California started in 2011.
- She has coached high school students, summer recreational swimmers, NCAA Division II and community college swimmers since 1987.
- She achieved 87 U.S. Masters Swimming Top Ten rankings and 7 All-American rankings over the course of her swimming career.
- She received the 2006 Dorothy Donnelly Service Award from U.S. Masters Swimming.
- She received the 2000 and 2017 Peggy Lucchesi Awards from U.S. Masters Swimming.
- She received the 2014 Pacific Masters Coach of the Year.
- She will speak on Training a Marathon Swimmer in your Masters Swimming Program at the 2018 WOWSA Talks at The Olympic Club in San Francisco on 10 November 2018.
- Marcia Benjamin Wrote MEMO On Masters
- Marcia Benjamin Blog
- Trio Has A Whale Of A Time
- Maccabiah World Union
- Maccabi USA website
- Maccabiah games adds Open Water
- Team USA Applications Open
- 400 Just For Kicks And Time
- Craig Coombs Sets Alameda Island Record, Long Version
- These People Will Entertain, Inspire You With Their Answers
- Skolnick On Swimming At The Olympic Club
- Mosaic Of Marathoners