Manaus is the capital city of the state of Amazonas in northern Brazil. It is situated at the confluence of the Negro and Solimões rivers. With a population of two million, it is the most populous city of Amazonas, and also the most populous city of the Amazon rainforest. The city was founded in 1693-94 as the Fort of São José do Rio Negro.
Rio Negro Challenge Amazonia
Iranduba is a municipality located in the Brazilian state of Amazonas. Its population in 2012 was 41,947 and its area is 2,215 km², making it the smallest municipality in Amazonas in terms of area. It is located directly south of Manaus, across the Rio Negro. It is connected to Manaus by the Manaus Iranduba Bridge, a cable-stayed bridge which opened in 2011.
Rio Negro Bridge
- Maratonas Aquaticas
- Open Water Swim Channel
- Amazon Men And Women
- New Experiences In Rio Negro Challenge Amazonia
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Betina Lorscheitter, Matheus Evangelista Win In Amazonia
- Open Water Swims Here And There In Brazil
- What A Race It Will Be - Rio Negro Champions Challenge