Longest continuous swim in a counter-current pool
- In February 2014, Chloë McCardel of Australia set the Longest continuous swim in a counter-current pool in 16 hours at the SPASA Victoria consumer Pool & Spa + Outdoor Living Expo in Australia.
- On 25-26 May 2018, Dennis T. Seiler-Holm of Denmark set the Longest continuous swim in a counter-current pool in 17 hours 7 minutes 1.82 seconds in a Swim Spa in Denform Expo in Aarhus, Denmark.
- On 5-6 October 2019, Yuko Matsuzaki of Japan set a Guinness World Record for the Longest continuous swim in a counter-current pool conducted in an Endless Pool in Seaside Lagoon, Redondo Beach, California after swimming 24 hours 1 minute from 8:00 am on 5 October to 8:01 am on 6 October 2019. Her support team included Chris Morgan, Chieko Smith, Shelley Taylor-Smith, Steven Munatones, Josef Köberl, Mark Lutz, Steve Stumpfrock and Kaori Rogers. Her pace ranged from 1:55 per 100 meters swimming freestyle to 3:22 per 100 meters swimming breaststroke.
- On 6-7 May 2020, Pablo Fernández Álvarez of Spain set a Guinness World Record for the Longest continuous swim in a counter-current pool conducted in an Endless Pool in Madrid, Spain after swimming 25 hours from 9:00 am on 6 May to 10:00 am on 7 May 2020.
- Mayra Santos of Brazil/Portugal set a world record for the Longest continuous swim in a counter-current pool in Caniço, Madeira Island, Portugal from 10:00 am on 5 November 2020 to 5:07 pm on 6 November 2020, a total of 31 hours 7 minutes.
- Swimmers may take up to 5 minutes per every 60-minute period to use the restroom, eat, drink, stretch and rest. Resting over 5 minutes per hour leads to disqualification.
- Any swim stroke can be used.
- Standard swimwear can be used, but no fins, hand paddles, pull buoys or wetsuits are to be used.
Yuko Matsuzaki Guinness World Record
Produced by Kristen Stephenson of Guinness World Records
At the 24-hour mark in the Seaside Lagoon in Redondo Beach, California.
At the 16-hour mark in the Seaside Lagoon in Redondo Beach, California.
Dennis T. Seiler-Holm World Record
- 16 Hours And More In An Endless Pool, Dave Tonge To Attempt A Record
- Watch Mayra Santos Do Longest Continuous Swim In A Counter Current Pool
- Mayra Santos Sets Longest Continuous Swim In A Counter Current Pool Record
- Pablo Fernández Álvarez On Giving 100% When Not 100% On WOWSA Live
- 15 Swimmers recognized at WOWSA awards in Los Angeles
- Yuko Matsuzaki To Attempt World Record At WOWSA Ocean Fest
- Hands Down, It Was A Long Swim By Yuko Matsuzaki
- Open Water Swimming
- Dennis Holm Set Swim Spa World Record
- Pablo Fernández Álvarez Swims For 25 Hours In COVID-19 Charity Event
- Pablo Fernández Álvarez Sets World Record Swimming In Place For 25 Hours
- Pablo Fernández Swims At All-Day Pace In Place For COVID-19
- Pablo Fernández Álvarez Swimming For COVID-19 Research