Longest Continual Swim in an Endless Pool (Swim Spa)
Longest Continual Swim in a Swim Spa (Endless Pool). The swim spa record meets record breaking criteria including superlative endurance, fitness, skill level, measurable by time and able to be challenged and broken in the future as swim spas are readily available worldwide for other record attempts.
Rules - Swim Spa World Record
Before 2014 there was no current World Record for non stop swimming in a swim spa and the following official rules will apply for the swim.
The swim will be in a commercially available free standard Swim Spa Model. Size: 5900 x 2200 x 1500mm
- Challengers will be attempting to swim for XX hours non-stop (including regulation breaks).
- A 10 min toilet break on average every 3 hours. This is for hygienic and sanitary purposes and includes return time to get out of spa and travel to and from the toilet.
- It is allowed to use a commercially available tether and wear one pair of standard bathers, 1x cap (latex or silicon), 1x set of goggles, 1x nose clip and 1x set of ear
plugs and a solution on her body to prevent / reduce chafing. Bathers will adhere to the Channel Swimming Association rules (http://www.channelswimmingassociation.com).
- If any medical attention is required and the Challengers is required to stop swimming the time must be used within the allotted time for toilet breaks.
- No intentional touching or standing on the bottom or sides or the spa (excludes 10min toilet break on average every 3 hours).
- No intentional touching of other people or people are allowed to touch The Challengers.
- The attempt must be open to the general public throughout the day (and night if possible).
- The event will be electronically timed and recorded with a live web cam feed and streamed live to the show web site (accessible to the general public on the internet). If possible a copy will also be kept and be accessable via a web page.
- An Independent representative who is a trained and active sports official will officially observe the swim to ensure that any record guidelines are adhered to.
- The independent observer will submit a statutory declaration (legal document after the swim stating whether all the rules where observed and recording all the relevant details of the swim).
- The observers sole responsibility is to time the swim, observe and record swim details against the predetermined rules. They may not assist the swim in any way.
- No support swimmers, other people nor objects are allowed in the spa.
- Any swimming stroke, swimming action or kicking is allowed.
- The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) prohibited drug list applies to this swim. Warn your national anti doping authorities before the event).
Provide a complete list of banned substances and also enables the user to search for individual active ingredients: http://www.wada-ama.org
Swim Spa World Record
The Swim Spa World Record (Longest Continual Swim in a Swim Spa) without exception or modification to the rules:
- Dennis T. Seiler-Holm (Denmark)
- Time: 17:07:01.82
- Date: 25 May to 26 May 2018
- Place: Denform Expo in Aarhus, Denmark
Previously Swim Spa World Records
- Chloë McCardel (Australia)
- Time: 16 hours
- Date: 26 February 2014
- Place: 2014 Swimming Pool & Spa Association Pool & Spa Show, Australia
2018 Dennis T. Seiler-Holm (Denmark)
2014 Chloë McCardel (Australia)